How often do you blog for your business?

(4 Posts)
MrsMargoLeadbetter Wed 14-Aug-13 17:53:37

Am a marketing freelancer working for a niche sector.

1.5 years ago I started an e-news which comprised (and was set up as a template) of 4 articles that I wrote and hosted on my blog. I tended to write all the articles at once just prior to sending the e-news.

Whilst the e-news production process helped discipline me to write regular content it wasn't very organic or reactive.

I am going to try a different format for my e-news, a bit more chatty which gives me more freedom re what links I include.

I feel I should try to blog more so I have more content/content to choose from for my e-news.

I just wondered how often others blog? Have you any tips? Or did you attend any good training re content production?

TIA

LargeLatte Thu 15-Aug-13 19:01:52

I run blogs for other people, and currently look after blogs for a toy retailer and a tech e-commerce site, as well as writing content for a dating site and compensation claims handlers. The frequency of blog posts ranges from once a week to every single day, and it seems to depend on how competitive the market is. If your time is better spent elsewhere, you should consider outsourcing it. Think about how much time it takes you to write a post, and what monetary value that time has for you - it might make more sense to pay someone else to do it.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Thu 15-Aug-13 22:40:08

Thanks Large you raise some interesting points.

I think for me I feel "I" am my brand so it feels like it needs to be me blogging. I have outsourced before when I just didn't have time to write a couple of articles and didn't like the result as they weren't "me" enough.

Do you also look at stats for your clients to hopefully fine tune (not that what you are doing isn't good enough) topics/time etc for the audience?

Obviously I should find this sort of thing easy to do, but I struggle when it comes to my own marketing...confused

annieyoung Sat 19-Oct-13 11:56:02

Just like you, I use blogging as a discipline so that I write a bit every day. Eventually, it would become an online product. If you are thinking of making an income eventually, owning your own products is important.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now