Dog walker/pet sitter

(4 Posts)
Doodlez Mon 29-Jul-13 21:05:47

Dog owner - I put my dog in kennels once. Never. Ever. Again. A good dog sitter who treats my dog with as much love and affection as I give him but in their own home is, quite frankly, worth their weight in gold.

Good luck with your venture. Once local word gets out that you're good, you will never need tout for new business again...listen to your aunty Doodlez because I speak the truth!

NEScribe Mon 29-Jul-13 21:01:24

This is a really growing market - we have a firm near us who walk 10 dogs at a time and have expanded into grooming etc. I think someone is now selling a franchise onthe doggy day care theme cos so many people now work full time. I am sure you will quickly attract customers. Search online and you should find some guide prices. If doing it for profit you will need public liability cover but can't see it costing too much. How exciting - good luck!
A woman i used to know increased her dog walking income by looking after cats in owners' homes when they were away. Called twice a day to check and clean litter tray/ feed etc. They gave her house keys which worried me a little - claims of theft etc but she didn't ever have problems. She got crb check which is worthwhile so clients know you are genuine etc.

mycatoscar Tue 09-Jul-13 21:14:04

I don't do it myself but I use a dog walker. She is excellent; very reliable and genuinely loves dogs.

She offers a range of services from walks and vet trips to doggy day care and holiday boarding.

I'm in the southeast and pay £10 for a 1-2 hour walk and £22 a day for holiday boarding.

salemsparklys Mon 24-Jun-13 11:39:10

Just sorting out my insurance to do this, not looking to make mega bucks but a few ££ a week would be fine.

Anyone else doing this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now