Coping mechanisms for a contract you don't enjoy

(5 Posts)
suebfg Fri 21-Jun-13 18:50:52

Sorry to hear that TracyK. I feel the same ...

TracyK Fri 21-Jun-13 12:26:52

I feel your pain... I've taken on a big, complex client - which I hate doing. But it pays a lot.
I have to psych myself up each Monday morning - I get paid decent money - every 7 days, I don't shop online while I'm there (saving money), I don't FB (saving misspent time), I don't eat crap (I only take healthy lunch).....
BUT - I am so looking forward to ditching it (sad Xmas time sad)

suebfg Tue 11-Jun-13 21:21:50

Yes, that's exactly what I do each morning - this day will earn me enough money for xyz. It's that bad I have to look at it on a daily basis - a week is looking too far ahead.

I haven't felt this way about a contract for a long time.

tenlittlebuns Tue 11-Jun-13 21:18:48

Yes, thinking about the money is often the only way to get through it. I like to allocate the money in my head. After two hours, I think 'Well, that's paid for...', or at the end of the week 'That's this month's mortgage paid'.

However nowadays I just don't take jobs I'm not going to really enjoy - unless I'm desperate!

suebfg Tue 11-Jun-13 21:07:36

I find I have to think of my daily rate earned to get myself through the day .. does anyone else do this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now