I need a graphic designer! Can anyone help?

(9 Posts)
JeyabalaGeorge Mon 10-Jun-13 12:34:38

Hi,

I am a graphic designer.
my portfolio work link
http://www.jeyabalageorge.blogspot.co.uk/
I would like to charge £ 20-30 per page depending
upon the complexity of the design content. Thank you.

Regards,
Jeyabala George

feellikeshitrightnow Mon 10-Jun-13 12:16:55

Hi Justine, I'd need to chat to you about the job to come up with a price as it's very difficult to say how much a job would be without knowing how big it would be, how many pages, would you need a masthead designing, but as I said in my last message I am genuinely interested in working on this with you and would love to meet or talk over the phone.
Beth

feellikeshitrightnow Mon 10-Jun-13 12:12:20

Hi Justine, this sounds like the dream job I'm looking for! I'm a freelance Graphic designer working from home in North London at the moment, Pre kids I worked as a book designer for the Art's publisher Thames & Hudson. I have also worked for Time Out & Cosmo magazines. I have done small magazines like this many times before. Please get in touch as this sounds like a genuinely exciting project I'd love to be part of. My Email is batdesignuk@gmail.com
REALLY look forward to hearing from you
Beth Tunnicliffe

mommyPerks Fri 07-Jun-13 20:53:07

Hi Justine202, I inboxed you a rough quote earlier. ;)

Justine202 Fri 07-Jun-13 18:48:25

Thanks to all of you who've replied so far. Can anyone give me an indication of cost?

Tee2072 Fri 07-Jun-13 18:02:31

I'm a graphic artist also. PM me if you're still looking.

mommyPerks Fri 07-Jun-13 17:53:52

Hi There, I'd be very interested too! I have a background in web design but have done print too. I currently work from home around the kids so this would be a fab opportunity for me. I have worked on big brands including Disney's Wall-E, Columbus Insurance, plus some other household names. This is right up my street as I am at a point where the "baby brain" is wearing off after having kids and my kids are all starting pre-school and school. Please PM me more info. You can see my web portfolio at www.jacyperks.co.uk and I can provide sample of more recent print projects I have done. Look forward to hearing from you. Jacy

Bebimama Fri 07-Jun-13 17:24:28

Hello, I use a really lovely graphic designer - Pm me and I can give you details if you like

Justine202 Fri 07-Jun-13 17:11:19

I am starting a magazine and need to put together a sample issue, something around 8 pages (A5 size) to send out to prospective advertisers. Although I have a desktop publishing package it's a bit basic and I'm not a designer so all in all I think I'd make it look a bit 'done in the kids bedroom' type of thing.

So, if anyone is a graphic designer, or knows a graphic designer who can do something like this I'd love to hear back! If the magazine works I will need someone to do the design on a monthly or bi-monthly basis (not sure yet but probably every 2 months to start). I'm not looking for anything ultra fab (although I'm sure all you designers out there could do just that!) but I'd just like it to look worth the paper it's on.

To those who reply, could I ask that you give me an idea of cost (so I know I can afford you beforehand!)

For the purposes of working out a ball park price, I would probably want the sample issue to include some sample ads, a bit of editorial (I can give you the content) and a listings/local events/what's on type page and a sample page of vouchers/special offers which will be a feature in the magazine.

Very grateful to anyone and everyone who replies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now