How do you work with a cat on one shoulder

(9 Posts)
Kewcumber Thu 09-May-13 17:14:39

I have new(ish) cats 6 months old. Recently started working from home which the cats think is great. One cat it seems has aspirations to be a parrot - if I shoo him away he sits on the keyboard which as an accountant is a bigger problem.

I know you can get lion poo which is supposed to scare cats off you lawn. Is there and office friendly version?

quoteunquote Thu 09-May-13 18:22:02

grin

about three years in, you forget that you are accommodating a cat on the shoulder,

If my DH rings, and the cat hears his voice she digs in her claws, so i have to check the number before I answer,

just remember to keep saving every few seconds, as inevitably, at some point they dismount onto a keyboard,

I find lighting a fire in another room helps, as then the cat has to guard it from the dog, because a cat can never allow the dogs to have front row position next to fire,it's written in the 187 D45.9L second section of the cat code.

Kewcumber Thu 09-May-13 19:04:52

SO the solution is not Lion poo but padded shoulders?

ChewingOnLifesGristle Thu 09-May-13 19:09:17

Ah interesting..we also have a parrot cat (or pirate's cat as we call him).

When you pick him up he goes straight up onto your shoulder and then leans down and head butts you. He's so lovelysmile<soppy> The problem is though that now he's grown up he doesn't half dig his claws in if you move. We've all got the scars to prove it.

GemmaTeller Thu 09-May-13 19:17:13

We solved the problem with the help of Ikea!

DH has the Expedit desk and shelving system (joined together) and in two of the shelves/alcoves there is a cat on a cushion.

DH is happy the cats aren't walking across his keyboard and the cats are happy they are comfy in their own space and within sight of DH.

My office/sewing room on the other hand is considered a playground for prying paws!!

Tee2072 Thu 09-May-13 20:01:35

Very very carefully...

grin

Kewcumber Thu 09-May-13 21:13:47

On reflection, parrot cat is preferable to "miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow" cat

Kewcumber Thu 09-May-13 21:14:27

I didn't have this issue in an office.

There must be a tax allowance I can claim to offset this.

Talkinpeace Thu 09-May-13 21:18:02

my cat pats the cursor on the screen
and I've turned up at client offices innumerable times with muddy paw prints on the front of their files - thank goodness for cover sheets

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now