Texting from computer

(4 Posts)
jb707 Thu 18-Apr-13 13:13:55

Can you recommend a service provided so that I can text from my computer. I would like to be able to send text reminders to my clients to remind them of appointments.

KnitWitKnits Thu 25-Apr-13 18:05:17

I can recommend my company! It is a small UK-based company, so lots of personal service. We mainly deal with educational settings, but we do have customers that use the system to send reminders & information.

indigogirl66 Thu 25-Apr-13 19:13:17

We use reminderdiary (.co.uk / .com?) you purchase bundles of sms's, enter the message and the client info and away you go!

KnitWitKnits Thu 25-Apr-13 20:31:45

When you're shopping around, remember to work out how much you are actually paying per text - it may work out more expensive than you think (despite all the no subscription! no set-up fee! stuff on websites).

The other thing is to find out (if you can) where the message centre is for the company. If it isn't UK based, the reliability of the product may be reduced (for example, if your message has to be pinged to the Far East first before being sent back again to the UK it may go missing).

Finally, it is also worth finding out who your contact is at your chosen company (and where they are) if things go wrong.

Text messages to remind customers of appointments aren't crucial but costs your company money if they are a no-shows. If the messages you are sending are time-sensitive or important it is worth shopping around for quality, rather than just being led on price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now