P35D

(6 Posts)
SorrelForbes Tue 09-Apr-13 10:54:43

I run a Ltd company offering consultancy services. There is only one employee, me.

I've received a P35D dated 21 March for FY 11/12 stating an overpayment of £2,369.99.

Very nice except I cannot for the life of me work out where HMRC have got this figure from. I have tried to contact them but after spending over 4 hours hanging on the phone (4 calls of over an hour each) I've given up (for the time being!).

I declared payments of £609.87 for PAYE on my P35 and have receipts for these payments via Santander Bill Pay.

The P35D says to check the following have been submitted:

Form P14 - submitted in April 12 (stated on HMRC site)
Form P11D(b) - submitted in April 12 (stated on HMRC site)

Any ideas? Am I missing something really simple? I don't have an accountant as turnover is very small at the moment.

TIA.

MrAnchovy Tue 09-Apr-13 16:23:08

Is there any chance you paid your Corporation Tax using your PAYE reference - and is this how much CT you paid? Or maybe VAT, or Self Assesment Income Tax?

SorrelForbes Tue 09-Apr-13 16:54:39

No, I haven't paid anything else for that time period and have had a rebate for 11/12 for my self-assessment as an employee (had three jobs that year with other companies).

RTI started this week didn't it, so I expect I might have to wait until next week to get through on the phone!

ecokimbo Fri 12-Apr-13 17:59:15

I've had one or two cases like this where hmrc have simply misallocated funds! They don't like admitting their mistakes though!

SorrelForbes Fri 12-Apr-13 18:59:14

I've managed to get through to them but they refuse to discuss it saying "I have to tell them"!

They're having a few problems on their website too so I can't even log into see my returns and PAYE payments for 11/12. Grrrr.

unlucky83 Fri 12-Apr-13 19:22:34

If you need to phone at this time of year call between 8 and 9 in the morning or between 6 and 8 in the evening - or on Sat ...maybe try and call again IME you can get different answers from different advisers everytime you phone!
I'm sure their website and everything else is in turmoil...
I was on the pilot for RTI from Dec to avoid having to get in touch with them now - but they updated the Basic PAYE software on the 28th March -everything was different - I called and the adviser hadn't been trained in the updated package! Had to speak to them again today and had two of them trying to answer my query -only for them to say after 20 mins - we don't know what you should do!!
Good Luck....you'll need it ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now