If an online company didnt offer free returns would it make you think twice about buying from them?

(10 Posts)
David4177 Sun 07-Apr-13 21:49:19

Believe it or not I have never bought a item of clothing online before? With my wife expecting our first child in September no doubt we will be hitting the online stores a lot more so I just wanted to understand how most stores organise returns as no doubt I will notch up countless sizing and "call the fashion police" moments?
Should I steer clear of stores that don't offer free returns even if I really like their clothes and ethical/sustainable policies?

Cheers

David

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sun 07-Apr-13 21:58:55

Yes. It would.

If something isn't as described, I don't expect to have to pay to send it back and I wouldn't use a company that expected me to.

although you only get free cheese in a mouse trap grin so I am quite sure you pay for the postage in the cost of the clothes! but somehow it doesn't stick in your throat that way.

sjupes Sun 07-Apr-13 22:10:02

I don't buy from no free returns sites.

I look for free or in store return options.

WilsonFrickett Mon 08-Apr-13 00:42:18

Do freelancers/self-employed people buy clothing differently from employed people or are you on a deadline for a research piece hmm

milkwasabadchoice Mon 08-Apr-13 00:45:02

Yes it would put me off. (amused by mousetrap comment!)

SavoyCabbage Mon 08-Apr-13 00:47:25

I don't buy from sites that don't do free returns.

boxoftricks Mon 08-Apr-13 00:52:51

Errrrm your thread title doesn't really match your question? It is phrased like you want to know if your website should offer free returns or not, and if not, would it stop us from buying from you?
There is no shame in just blimmin' asking that you know!!!

So no, I wouldn't buy from a a site where there wasn't free returns

Novascotia33 Sat 20-Apr-13 00:24:29

Anyone selling anything online (with few exceptions) is bound by the DSR (Distance Selling Regulations) and must offer a 30 day free return. Google it, it's a legal obligation of any online seller.

Hope that helps.

CointreauVersial Sat 20-Apr-13 00:29:53

It depends. If I was buying shoes, or something heavy (i.e. expensive to post) and there was a doubt that I'd like the item(or that it would fit), then probably I wouldn't buy if free returns weren't offered.

But if it was something lightweight and it was fairly likely that I'd want to keep it (something like a scarf, a gift, or clothing for the DCs), then I would buy.

MoaningYoniWhingesAgain Sat 20-Apr-13 00:34:55

Depends on the shop and how likely a return would be needed.

I would still buy if I could return for free to a local branch, or for kids clothes when I know the sizing/quality will be ok.
I would not buy shoes or adult clothing that wasn't free returns, you could be paying £4+ to try something on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now