Taking the plunge

(1 Post)
Jossysgiants Wed 20-Mar-13 12:01:43

Hi
I currently work 4 days a week in an ok paid job. It is flexible in that I work from home most of the time. However it is high pressure and I am expected to travel overseas which I do not like at all. I have what one might call an eclectic Cv - I do Bd for a Clinical Research company ( it is always quite buoyant for employment) and have worked to this sector all my career despite having no science background. I have been quite successful and am particularly adept at the lead generation, proposal development etc. I have also done recruitment, and some marketing. I have written industry articles for a company's website on a self employed basis for extra cash. Long time ago I organised conferences as well.
I wonder if anyone out there works as freelance Bd and makes it work? I would like to do 2-3 days a week if possible and then have some time to pursue another more risky idea I have. To make it work financially I would need to get about 200 pounds a day.
I am fortunate to have some savings and a supportive husband. Any tips/ positive stories would be gratefully received as well as cautionary tales obviously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now