Does anyone use Zoho Mail as a business email provider?

(7 Posts)
AlwaysOneMissing Fri 15-Mar-13 11:08:07

If so, how do you find it?

It offers a free email account so I'm interested, but not sure if there's anything I should be aware of before I join up.

I am assuming that they can provide a myname@mybusiness.com email address.

DolomitesDonkey Fri 15-Mar-13 11:30:30

It says in the blurb, you must OWN the domain name, have you bought it yet?

They offer "free" email by way of allowing you to create mailboxes - however I don't see any evidence of "free" website hosting.

It will not be possible for you to host the full website somewhere else for free and utilise this free email option - and, if you are paying for hosting elsewhere - this will include email.

AlwaysOneMissing Fri 15-Mar-13 12:13:32

Hi Dolmites, and thank you for your reply.

My website is on Wordpress.com and hosted by them. They suggest a few different ways of getting a business email account, one of which is via Zoho Mail. So it must be possible to do it this way - and Wordpress say that neither they nor Zoho will charge for this. Their other suggestions include Outlook and Google Apps, but they say Zoho seems to be most popular with their users and is easy to use (and free).

My web address through Wordpress is mybusiness.com, I paid for the upgrade (so I assume that means I own the domain?).

DolomitesDonkey Fri 15-Mar-13 13:44:45

OK, you're right - it does seem to do free mail - tbh I'd just give it a whirl. If for some reason it doesn't work out then you can just disconnect it.

I just clicked through on the register lite (free) page, you will need to tap in your domain and then verify that through the DNS settings (back end) of wordpress.com - have wordpress.com given you any tips on that?

AlwaysOneMissing Fri 15-Mar-13 17:54:01

Thanks for taking the time to check it out for me, I appreciate it.

Yes Wordpress say they offer full set up support regarding the DNS settings (although I have no idea what that is grin)

I will give it a go then. Like you say, I can always just close the account if it doesn't seem to be what I thought.

DolomitesDonkey Mon 25-Mar-13 12:14:37

hi, I'm very curious to hear how this is going - do you have an update for us?

AlwaysOneMissing Tue 26-Mar-13 16:35:06

Hello, yes I can update! It has all gone very well, as I am so rubbish with things like this, I have had some troubles setting it up, but the help team at Zoho Mail have been brilliant, very prompt replies and useful help.
I would definitely recommend them!

Now I just need to kick Mr Site in to touch, they are continuing to be a nightmare!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now