Techie types - am I asking the impossible? Outlook 2007 template

(3 Posts)
MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 15-Mar-13 11:00:02

Hi

I am looking to create a template in Outlook 2007 which offers something like "ShareThis" functionality. Like when you buy something on Amazon (and yes I know they have a £mn/bn website!) the recipient can then share the auto populated message across their social networks.

Having put it on a freelance task forum I have had no interest, which suggests to me that I am asking for something that cannot be done....

I know things like Mailchimp could easily handle this, but ideally my client wants to be able to empower individual staff members to send these messages through their normal email client.

Any thoughts?

TIA

DolomitesDonkey Fri 15-Mar-13 11:37:53

There is not (yet) a microsoft functionality which does this - however given that Bing powers Facebook's search algorithm it can surely only be a matter of time before it's released in a service pack for Office 2013.

I have seen something which can be put into the sig of email www.wisestamp.com but I thought it looked "cheap" when I tried to implement it. I think there's a paid for version which is probably smoother.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 15-Mar-13 13:07:36

Thanks Dolomites thought that might the the case. Will have a look at wisestamp, thanks for the tip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now