How/how much to charge?

(4 Posts)
WilsonFrickett Sat 23-Feb-13 11:15:42

That's definitely editing!

OneWaySystemBlues Sat 23-Feb-13 10:47:24

They said proofreading, but I think it may stray into editing. Really just correcting the student's English and making sure it makes sense.

WilsonFrickett Fri 22-Feb-13 17:24:54

Are you going to be proof-reading or editing? I think often the lines are blurred with student work. I found this online

www.dissertationeditinghelp.co.uk/price-plan.html

OneWaySystemBlues Thu 21-Feb-13 18:06:14

I've been offered some proofreading work by a local University - to help a student for whom English is a second language, who has good spoken language but who has some problems with the written work. It is a science subject. I have done a little bit of proofreading before, but I've not had training and as I'm not doing it for a publisher I don't need to know any of the short hand etc. My question is, how should I charge - by the page or by the hour? And what would be a reasonable rate, given my experience? I am a graduate in an arts subject, who enjoys writing and English. Oh, and I'm not in London, if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance for any help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now