Freelance book keeping

(5 Posts)
Talkinpeace Fri 22-Feb-13 20:32:20

Despite being a fully qualified accountant, I still do book keeping as its good for the brain
however I charge by the job rather than the hour - as then the fact that I work in a more integrated manner is hidden inside my rate...

bookkeeperisarubbishword Fri 22-Feb-13 16:56:37

£30 an hour seems a lot to me, especially if you are just starting out. It also depends on where in the country you are.
I can get away with charging up to £25 with my more city based clients, but I couldn't get away with that locally.
It's worth having a look at the competition and seeing what they charge, then compare your services.

thecalpollady Wed 20-Feb-13 12:39:54

Thanks for this. Useful info smile

I charge £17.50 ph to one guy and £120 per day to another more longstanding job. I am not qualified, just long term experienced, and I do other admin jobs (invoicing/credit control etc) for them too. The hourly one I do from home mainly, the other is a day in the office pw.

thecalpollady Wed 20-Feb-13 12:27:00

How much do you charge per hour for freelance book keeping. I am looking to maybe do home working as a book keeper and not sure what to charge. Does £30 per hour seem fair or should I say £15?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now