Freelance book keeping

(5 Posts)
thecalpollady Wed 20-Feb-13 12:27:00

How much do you charge per hour for freelance book keeping. I am looking to maybe do home working as a book keeper and not sure what to charge. Does £30 per hour seem fair or should I say £15?

I charge £17.50 ph to one guy and £120 per day to another more longstanding job. I am not qualified, just long term experienced, and I do other admin jobs (invoicing/credit control etc) for them too. The hourly one I do from home mainly, the other is a day in the office pw.

thecalpollady Wed 20-Feb-13 12:39:54

Thanks for this. Useful info smile

bookkeeperisarubbishword Fri 22-Feb-13 16:56:37

£30 an hour seems a lot to me, especially if you are just starting out. It also depends on where in the country you are.
I can get away with charging up to £25 with my more city based clients, but I couldn't get away with that locally.
It's worth having a look at the competition and seeing what they charge, then compare your services.

Talkinpeace Fri 22-Feb-13 20:32:20

Despite being a fully qualified accountant, I still do book keeping as its good for the brain
however I charge by the job rather than the hour - as then the fact that I work in a more integrated manner is hidden inside my rate...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now