Using Google Apps for business email?

(7 Posts)
Technoviking Thu 21-Feb-13 12:54:14

I reccommend Google Apps to my clients. You get so many features for the money, email is just one of them.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 15-Feb-13 10:32:38

Thanks all for interesting & quick feedback.

Will look at IMAP tharsheblows (good nn!), on paper it looks like what I need. Issue I think is that the 3 webmail platforms Krystal connects with are poor (eg text only) but there might be a way of using something else.

Have seen the price for Google Apps and it looks ok, although obv free is always good!

Just need to be more efficient!

Thanks all.

Tee2072 Fri 15-Feb-13 10:15:04

Google Apps can be used with your own email address, but it is no longer free for new users. So you'll have to pay to use your domain on their platform.

Trills Fri 15-Feb-13 10:10:31

My works uses Google Apps.

I didn't set it up but I am happy with it. It works well on my phone too.

fusam Fri 15-Feb-13 10:09:31

I use google apps and email and I am very happy. I really like the doc store and being able to work on documents with people together. The bookkeeping and account apps are really handy.

tharsheblows Fri 15-Feb-13 09:52:47

Do you mean you have to manage them in three places? If that's it, then set up your email as an IMAP account on whatever apps you use to access it. That sounds more complicated than it is - here is their info and you can look up how to set it up on various devices there too. https://krystal.info/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/25/0/what-types-of-email-do-you-support-which-is-best

Webmail will be synced as well, as they say.

Try that first, as it's free, and if that doesn't work for you then Google Apps email is fine, but it's not free. (I am not a massive fan of Google Apps but know loads of people use it and like it.)

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 15-Feb-13 08:36:44

Hi

I currently use my own domain email mainly through Outlook on my laptop. I also have emails delivered to my andriod phone whilst out. I can also access them via a very basic web mail that my host (krystal) suggests on other pcs etc.

However, I feel that I am not managing them as efficently as I could be, sometimes I am looking at emails 3 times. I don't always have my laptop with me and sometimes I work on PCs belonging to clients.

I am thinking about moving to Google Apps as then I can have one cloud based placed for emails.

Does anyone else use it? Do the emails look ok? I want a nice footer/html email etc. Anything I should be aware of?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now