Maternity Allowance

(4 Posts)

as mranchovy said. But i think if you send the form after the baby is born you may need the birth registration - not sure. I sent my form on the day ds2 was born. Woke up in labour, filled the form and asked dh to go to post office because i couldn't walk by then! smile

MrAnchovy Mon 04-Feb-13 12:09:32

You can download the form here, but you will also need the MATB1 form or a letter from your midwife or doctor.

The cut-off date is 13 weeks after the start of your Maternity Allowance Period so there is no panic; the earliest you can apply is actually 14 weeks before your Expected Week of Childbirth (EWC) which is the week starting on a Sunday in which your baby is due.

chocoholic89 Mon 04-Feb-13 00:22:22

Hi I don't no anything about being self employed.But I went on mat allowance and filled forms in ect ready and just rang them when baby born.May have to show a copy of birth cert.

Jojobump1986 Mon 04-Feb-13 00:13:57

I'm a bit confused about the timing for applying for MA. The information I can find suggests that it can be applied for from 15 weeks pre-EDD (I think). This will be before I next see my midwife. Do I need to make a special trip to get the relevant form from them or is it ok to wait until my next visit? I'll be working up until a few days before the due date anyway so probably won't start my 'maternity leave' until the baby arrives anyway! Is there a cut off date by which I have to have applied? I'm quite new to this whole self-employment thing & it's taken me long enough to get my head around registering as self-employed & sorting out my NI payments - it's just all too much for my hormone-addled brain to handle! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now