Best place to hire freelance marketer?

(4 Posts)
helpmemarket Thu 31-Jan-13 16:09:12

Thanks for those suggestions - will go and have a look at peopleperhour.com. Hadn't thought of the industry related part of Linkedin either.

cakeaddict Sun 27-Jan-13 21:05:20

Personally I'd start by asking around your contacts in the sector you work in to see if they know someone. I work in a pretty niche sector and have never thought it worth my while advertising in directories etc. Most of my work comes through contacts/word of mouth.

LinkedIn can be a useful way to find out some names and explore what people do - try looking at the members of a few relevant industry-related groups - I bet there's a fair few freelance professionals among them.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 25-Jan-13 17:52:56

Depends on how niche your sector is. peopleperhour.com is the best site for uk freelancers if that matters (understanding/experience of your sector). I have found lots of good people on there.

I'd be as clear as you can on the spec, it will help you sort out the good responses from the cut and paste 'efforts'!

HTH

helpmemarket Fri 25-Jan-13 16:18:20

I need to hire a freelance marketer (ideally with a specific sector focus). Where is the best place to look as I've come across quite a few sites where freelance people can register?

I want to avoid using agencies and their costs.

Don't want to add too many details as I'm aware you can advertise vacancies on Mumsnet and don't want to be accused of advertising a vacancy by stealth. Might give Mumsnet vacancies a go - but just wanted to pick peoples' brains first.

Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now