Blogging-Probably done to death but

(6 Posts)
mam29 Fri 25-Jan-13 11:09:29

Im trying to get some 4 sepreate business ideas off ground this year yes im nuts but dident wnat to put my eggs into one basket.

3 of those businesses are green/eco type businesses and link well with each other.

I also have quite a faithful following on another forum where I havent so much dicussed green issues but more raising a family in more sustainable way and organics.

A fe of my mummy freinds set up blogs but never cotinue.

I set up 2in past and gave up no one veiwed.

both were google blogger.

Im in process now setting up wordpress blog.

as do think a good blog would benefit some of business ideas I have.

Read about google adsense today-is it any good
is it difficult?

I know some people make money from blogs as always wondered how.

Im not the most techie person.

But think if i going to set up blog then be good if pays for itself and promotes my business ideas.

whats secret of agood sucessful busy blog that promotes business but makes money

mam29 Fri 25-Jan-13 11:12:05

Apologies typo errors breastfeeding and typing one hand never great.

WilsonFrickett Fri 25-Jan-13 19:31:35

You have to start with great content, not from a pov that it's there to promote your business. No-one will read that - it's just advertorial.
You also have to put a lot of time into it, blogging daily or every two days, responding, commenting, making comments on other blogs, x-promoting on twitter, using your twitter feed to make non-blog specific comments, etc.

Your post confused me though, is your business idea to have a blog? Because honestly, if your business idea is to have a business, focus on that rather than the blogging. If your business is to blog then you have to work very hard and be very lucky - there are 450 million active blogs out there. In that sense, yes, it has been done to death. But a good, innovative business will thrive - so put your energies into the right place.

mam29 Fri 25-Jan-13 23:27:26

Thanks for input wilson.

The blog would be useful link and subtle way for me to link my new eco business whilst incorporating some personal changes within our family so would exactly be 1 long dry advert.

My business is not blogging.
Although read about adsense and thourght that could be could extra income if blogs a success.

will read many blogs then set up one and twitter too.

DolomitesDonkey Sat 26-Jan-13 15:38:36

An income-generating blog is a rare beast indeed.

You'd be better off blogging Eco stuff on your Eco site, called "content", not "blogging". wink

WilsonFrickett Sun 27-Jan-13 14:27:34

I agree with Dol - put your focus into your business and have great content on your website. The time commitment for a successful blog is huge, and at the end of that all you've got is a great blog and a small amount of money. Put that same focus into the business itself and you've got a great business and (hopefully) a large amount of money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now