Peopleperhour website - Anyone used it?

(10 Posts)
MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 25-Jan-13 10:32:10

No worries.

Give it a go, will be interesting to see where it takes you!

Best of luck.

Thanks Margo - that's a really useful thread link.

I think I have just have to take the plunge and get on with it!

MrsMargoLeadbetter Thu 24-Jan-13 20:31:46

I have done both.

Here is my advice on an old thread posted under an old user name - www.mumsnet.com/Talk/freelancers/1326332-peopleperhour-com-anyone-use-this-Help-me-with-my-first-bid-pls

I have won a few jobs, but I only now bid for things I feel I have a good chance of winning. I have bought a lot of services on it; SEO, VA support, presentation production & PR mentoring.

I would echo what VirtualAssistant says about having a presence on there. I am now an Associate of an org we connected on there.

I used to do marketing in the charity sector. It might be worth contacting charities similar to your old employer to see if they need freelance help? I am guessing lots of them will be up for the flexiblity of a freelancer?

Good luck.

Pre children I worked in PR/marketing in charity sector. Have been SAHM for past 4 years and also applying for PAYE jobs, but no joy so far (and suitable jobs few and far between).

Most recent paid experience has been writing funding applications for a community organisation I started out as a volunteer with.

Depends on the field I think - I registered (as a freelancer) & get alerts to relevant projects. Have bid on a couple but mostly they are looking for very low rates, so not worth my while.

VirtualAssistant2011 Thu 24-Jan-13 14:16:04

Yes I guess it is just another way to make contacts really. Yes I am a Virtual PA so was bidding for the administrative work on there, what field are you in?

Thanks for the replies.

Francesca I see what you mean about the pay - found someone wanting a logo designed for £10 which seems daft.

Virtual - I suppose it comes down to networking/making contacts in the end, and this is just another avenue to use... I take it by your username you are a virtual PA?

VirtualAssistant2011 Thu 24-Jan-13 13:50:20

Hi

I have posted here before quite a while ago now but forgot my username and password details so have a new user name now. I use people per hour, it took 2 years of bidding before I won something!! But since then I have had a couple of people contact me 'directly' and I have secured some work this way with one person becoming a regular client. It is worth using if you have the patience to finally win some work!

Francescarose Thu 24-Jan-13 13:41:49

I dabbled with it last year as a seller but found that people generally wanted to pay hardly anything- wanting to pay just over minimum wage for a highly qualified professional in my field.

Has anyone used this site either to find freelance work or to find a freelancer?

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now