Working from Home - what laser printer?

(2 Posts)
countdowntoxmas Mon 21-Jan-13 13:50:19

I am trying to look for a printer solution as I have just started working from home. I am getting slightly confused by looking at the options out there, as if they are a combo printer/ copier/ scanner, they seem to print far fewer pages than minute. This is what I am after:

- fast printer (am happy for it to be black and white)
- fast scanner
- fast copier
- wireless

When I say 'fast', I would like something that does approximately 20 ppm. Would I maybe be better off getting a separate scanner and printer?

I do hope that you can help me - any recommendations of a machine that you may have and be happy with would be very helpful.

I have just bought this HP Officejet 8600 Pro Plus.

It's an inkjet rather than laser jet but is quite quick. Mind you my old one was very, very slow so I'm easily pleased at the moment.

It is quite big and a little bit more than I was planning on spending but I've been happy with it so far. Wireless is working well.

I had a call from the people I ordered it from to check that I had enough cartridges etc, and the woman I spoke to was very helpful and was about to advise me on a cheaper, better solution but I didn't have time to chat. If you want, I can PM you her details as she would probably be able to give you some good advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now