Best place to buy a domain name

(10 Posts)

What's the best place to buy a domain name, host a website and emails etc?
TIA smile

Seabright Mon 14-Jan-13 17:13:54

I've used Www.uk2.net quite a lot. They are cheap, comprehensive and reliable.

If you go via quidco you get up to 40% cash back too, which I did with my last order.

Any others?

MrsJimmyChoo Wed 16-Jan-13 08:51:24

I used Nominet.

NuclearStandoff Wed 16-Jan-13 13:38:02

I need to know this too!

Any other suggestions? Friend has UK2 and it goes down quite a lot. Or used to.

MrAnchovy Wed 16-Jan-13 15:49:47

UK2 are excellent for domain names, but their hosting services have been unreliable IME so I only use them as part of a strategy with hosting elsewhere.

For the best all-round package I recommend 123-reg or if you want to support a UK company, TsoHost.

NuclearStandoff Wed 16-Jan-13 16:22:32

can anyone recommend a 'green' web hosting service?

My business is based around sustainability, so my suppliers need to be too. And preferable UK-based.

Oh I'm so confused can I buy basic package from 123reg then use that to link to free host or should I do it all through them? I need email and website? So confusing confused

MrAnchovy Wed 16-Jan-13 22:48:57

"can anyone recommend a 'green' web hosting service?"

Depends on your needs - I use Memset who are fairly green, but they don't do basic web hosting. Their VPSs are the best in the UK though IMHO.

DolomitesDonkey Thu 17-Jan-13 06:21:51

Scariest, I use 123 and are 99% happy with them (in particular a man named George!).

What do you need? Well that depends on what you want to do. They have their own site-builder, it's crap, personally I buy 123 hosting and install Wordpress.

Email is included in buyin hosting so don't tack this on as an extra.

Do you want a co.uk or a .com? Their .com comes with a free .co.uk but the hosting package can only be used on one, you will need to point the second to the first.

Clear as mud right?grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now