Anyone feel like joining me for a moan re 31st Jan?

(14 Posts)
Tee2072 Mon 07-Jan-13 08:29:48

I mean, really, you have a great holiday, including a bit of, um, cheer on New Years and then BAM! It's back to work and that damn looming deadline.

Granted, my books were finished this summer and I just have to double check them and plug them into the self assessment online, but still. What a horrible start to the New Year!

Anyone want to moan with me?

WilsonFrickett Mon 07-Jan-13 17:20:29

<<waves>>

Working on a stupidly last-minute pitch and trying to do percentages is no fun!

Tee2072 Mon 07-Jan-13 17:52:31

I had a total math freeze today, Wilson. And I am mostly ready. I could probably actually do the self assessment tomorrow, but I'm still triple checking my figures!

Tax man is scary! grin

WilsonFrickett Mon 07-Jan-13 17:59:17

I'm going to have to start again tomorrow grin

Tee2072 Mon 07-Jan-13 18:05:20

I have meetings and things all day tomorrow so I'll get back to it on Wednesday. Yay? hmm

grin

WilsonFrickett Mon 07-Jan-13 23:33:26

Yay Tee! Go! Bring forward those profits and subtract those costs!

SanityClause Mon 07-Jan-13 23:37:49

It's a great time of year for accountants.

I one more person says "I know your really busy, but could you just....." I think I'll....... grin and bear it like every other bloody January for the last 15 years (approx!).

SanityClause Mon 07-Jan-13 23:38:01

If

Tee2072 Tue 08-Jan-13 07:37:14

Try not to get violent, Sanity. But I understand the urge.

I'm not an accountant, but my father was, in the US and he hated April 15th with a mad passion.

WilsonFrickett Tue 08-Jan-13 09:45:52

Ha Sanity see my post on another thread, I'm going to be doing exactly that phone call in a minute. Thought I could manage it myself but the lovely Mr Anchovy has shown me the error of my ways. Again.

Tee2072 Tue 08-Jan-13 09:47:43

Like I said on the other thread, a friend of mine whose an accountant, actually checks my numbers, and did so last summer.

I'm still paranoid and check them again myself anyway. grin

Morph2 Sun 13-Jan-13 20:52:33

i'm also an accountant and so many people seem to think that theres is the only work you have and you're just sitting there ready to start working on it the minute it arrives!!

saying that we've not actually got many left this year thank god

TalkinPeace2 Mon 14-Jan-13 16:57:57

I changed my system four years ago : anybody whose books are delivered after Christmas pays double.
It works, only a very few still do and those ones are a nightmare anyway so they pay for it.
Have not lost ANY clients due to my rule change.

we look to be on top of things as well - one one client who hasn't provided any paperwork whatsoever, but he has Form (last year we went to his house on 30th January and refused to leave till he'd found all his receipts and bank statements, and did it all there and then grin). Everyone else is Well Trained thankfully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now