Do I actually need a business bank account?

(5 Posts)
TeeElfOnTeeShelf Sat 22-Dec-12 21:27:43

No. Although I may take advantage of the free business account I can have as I am a member of the Federation of Small Business with Co-op. I can't seem to make up my mind!

CaptainNancy Fri 21-Dec-12 19:54:30

As long as you freelance for more than one company, you should be okay.

No. I work under my own name and payments are bacs to my personal account. When I checked with the bank they said as far as they are concerned I am an individual having my wages paid to my account.

I a mwith the nationwide though and they don't do business bank accounts. Other banks may not agree, mainly cause they charge for every transaction in a business bank account.

MrAnchovy Fri 21-Dec-12 19:39:54

No.

WeWilsonAMerryChristmas Fri 21-Dec-12 16:18:27

Im a self-employed Freelance copywriter. I invoice most of my clients monthy and they BACS the amount into a personal account. The only real expenses I have coming off is my mobile phone and the odd bit of stationery, postage - the the other business expenses are things like heat and light which come off the household joint account.

I pay an amount every month into the household account as 'wages' and I also have a personal savings account where I pop a bit of tax money every month so I don't spend it

I don't pay for either account and haven't seen the need for a business account which I would have to pay for - am I missing something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now