How do I send people from my blog to my website?

(5 Posts)
AlexaM Mon 17-Dec-12 22:45:27

Putting your blog on your website is much better for SEO. I run an online business and initially set up my own Wordpress blog under a sub domain of my main website. I then realised that all the lovely fresh content I was writing was not really benefiting the SEO of my main site as Google sees a subdomain as a separate site. Once I scrapped the separate blog and started writing blog content on my main site it was much better for search rankings as one of the main factors for that is having fresh, relevant unique content on your site. Plus users are right there on your site and you don't have to persuade them to go to a different site. If your main site is not Wordpress you would either need to convert your main site to Wordpress or create some blog pages on your main site in whatever tool it was written in and copy the content across.

DolomitesDonkey Thu 29-Nov-12 15:39:29

How are people finding your wordpress blog? Are you advertising it, word of mouth, how? You say you started today, so what's the traffic like?

Who's your website with? If it's with one of the major players it's probable that you can put your wordpress blog there - you can simply "export" from your current blog and import into the new one. What have you written your real website with?

FriendlyLadybird Thu 29-Nov-12 13:10:23

Because I created my website on one platform and then created the blog on Wordpress. As I said, I didn't really think it through! CAN I join them up? How would I do that?

DolomitesDonkey Thu 29-Nov-12 11:07:46

hi, why isn't your blog on your website?

FriendlyLadybird Wed 28-Nov-12 22:50:08

Is it as simple as putting my website url on the bottom of every post? Started a new blog today without really thinking it through! Amazingly, have had loads of people looking at it but I need to send them to my website to get the full benefit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now