xmas cards to clients/contacts? do you?

(6 Posts)
mountaineeress Wed 28-Nov-12 16:25:09

first xmas self-employed... should i send cards? a xmassy email? nothing?

it is possible to buy cards that are relatively appropriate to my business type.. should i send these to nice people who might give me work next year??? is it worth the money to keep in with people? does anybody notice/care?

TalkinPeace2 Wed 28-Nov-12 19:05:56

Nope.
Save the stamps.
An email to all clients with a pretty PDF that they can print if they wish but cards generally irrelevant now
and a season greeting on your website ...

WilsonFrickett Thu 29-Nov-12 11:17:09

I'll send a box of sweeties to my main client, but as I get 80% of my work from them I figure it's money well spent. No cards though. I honestly don't think anyone reads the 'office cards' if you see what I mean.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Thu 29-Nov-12 22:54:58

I did last year as it was my first year and a)I was excited to have my own branded cards and b) I felt it made me look bigger/important than I was/am! I also like the chance to write personal messages.

However as Talkin says, my head knows that corp cards are on the wain.

However, I am doing it again this year as I want to!

Miller1977 Mon 03-Dec-12 11:17:57

Yes, I would. Its more personal. Think its a nice touch for anyone that you do work with a reasonable amount

CocktailQueen Wed 05-Dec-12 21:16:40

Yes, I do - no idea if it works or not but it can't do any harm to keep yourself in their mind! And it's nice to express thanks for work done/given in the year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now