Has anybody used Weebly to set up a website?

(8 Posts)
BedHog Sun 14-Oct-12 10:50:23

And what did you think? Was it easy to do? If you sell things through your site is the e-commerce side straightforward and flexible? Any drawbacks with the service? Any hidden costs or limitations on size or other negatives?

I'm not very technical but saw Weebly recommended on another thread on here and it looks pretty idiot-proof! Just wondered what other peoples experiences were....

smile

gussiegrips Mon 15-Oct-12 15:40:56

I've used it a couple of times - and I'm an techno idiot.

It is good - but not done any selling from it, like e-commerce.

www.gussetgrippers.weebly.com

I do have another site (for my proper, grown-up physio work) on wordpress - TBH, I prefer weebly (please refer back to techno idiot statement)

BedHog Mon 15-Oct-12 16:19:23

It does look easy to use for a techno-idiot like me too! All drag and drop - even I can manage that!

I'm absolutely terrified what your weebly site might contain though, given its title! confused

BedHog Mon 15-Oct-12 16:22:59

Oh phew, it's pelvic floor exercises and nothing to do with lecherous old men on tube trains! grin

One word. Wordpress. Everything else is shite. In my experience. Sorry to be so blunt and put in a short reply. Unless weebly is open source in which case I'll go back under my rock !

MrAnchovy Tue 23-Oct-12 16:09:18

Some relevent information here, particularly the bit under "Have a backup plan..."

WordPress is slightly different in that a version of the software that drives it is available on an Open Source license which means their customers are not so seriously locked in but it is not so easy to get a site that looks different from everyone else's WordPress site as it seems to be with Weebly.

Cubaba Mon 29-Oct-12 23:22:11

With regards to wordpress. There is a difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org. Most people use wordpress.com as it's free and easy to set up. Wordpress.org is what you use if you want to have ads, sell etc. But then you have to sort out hosting - which isn't difficult as such but if you're a techno idiot you may need someone to translate some of the language!
MrAnchovy - thanks for posting the link to the additional information. I found it to be very useful.

NotAChocolateRaisin Thu 22-Nov-12 16:36:35

I use weebly for my site and its an online store. Prefer it to Wordpress as its easier to use.

www.spearmintandthyme.com

See what you think - I chose a deliberately simple look for my website, you can have something more complex.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now