Journalists- do you still have a physical portfolio?

(4 Posts)
Nancy66 Sat 06-Oct-12 15:59:42

I've neve had a portfolio....or a CV!

PinkMilkIsMyFavouriteAndMyBest Fri 05-Oct-12 11:37:04

Thanks perma - I suppose I am finding it hard to get rid of them, having kept them for so long! But like you say, I'm unlikely to need them, am I?
More a way to cut down on the volume, as in many cases I have kept the whole newspaper or magazine my stories are in. Time to get the scissors and recycling bag out methinks!

PermaShattered Fri 05-Oct-12 09:55:35

I'm a successful journalist (in a niche area) and have been for 12 plus years. I've NEVER produced a physical portfolio. (even though i have a load of cuttings here there and everywhere!) Why don't you scan the best of what you have so it can be shared digitially when needed?

PinkMilkIsMyFavouriteAndMyBest Fri 05-Oct-12 08:02:29

I am on staff, not freelance, but thought someone here might be able to help me. I have boxes and boxes of cuttings going back the four years I've been in my current job, and some going back about 7 years before that. I don't anticipate needing any but the most recent if I were to be looking for another job (which I'm not), but I'm loath to throw them away, so want to organise them into folders/portfolios to save on space.
Do you do this? What is the best sorting system you have found? Or have you digitised any paper cuttings?
I have found some A3 portfolios eith clear pockets from Muji that might do the job, but does anyone have better suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now