graphic designers/artworkers hourly rate

(12 Posts)
fuckadoodlepoopoo Tue 25-Sep-12 09:50:51

Thank you everyone! smile

NiceBiscuits Sat 22-Sep-12 15:35:41

www.majorplayers.co.uk/candidates/salary-survey-2012.html

Doesn't have a section specifically for publishing, just design and branding, but it might still be useful.

Good luck,

Snusmumriken Sat 22-Sep-12 15:22:11

I should add that they did not pay for very many hours!

Snusmumriken Sat 22-Sep-12 15:18:50

I think it would depend on the company. DH was paid £150 hr, by a UK based clothing company. Although, his agent took a large cut!

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sat 22-Sep-12 15:11:12

When employed previously for medium size upwards orgs, I have paid from between £20-£50 per hour.

As a marketing freelancer I have paid similar on behalf of clients. However, money is always an issue for small clients so the cheaper the better. I am in London.

HTH

NiceBiscuits Sat 22-Sep-12 14:40:44

I've got a link to a recent salary survey somewhere on my laptop from Major Players recruitment agency. I think it has freelance rates too. And by sector. Although not sure if it is region-specific. Anyway, it might be of interest so Will post the link if I can next time I'm on my laptop. Or quote what they say for your sector.

I have charged £20 an hour recently, but I am cheap as I only recently graduated even though I am actually quite old grin. I imagine most would charge £25 an hour at least.
I am in the SE, near Cambridge.

PooPooOnMars Fri 21-Sep-12 10:16:21

Anyone else?

Tee2072 Wed 19-Sep-12 12:04:11

I don't know about London, sorry.

PooPooOnMars Wed 19-Sep-12 12:03:21

Sorry, should have explained. I am based there and am going back to work hopefully and don't know what the going rate is.

Its in publishing which i know usually pays less than other areas of design. Any idea?

Tee2072 Wed 19-Sep-12 11:31:35

Does it have to be someone London based? I freelance GA but am in Belfast.

I can PM you my rates, if you want?

PooPooOnMars Wed 19-Sep-12 11:19:40

Quick question . . . what is the going rate for a freelance graphic designer/artworker these days. (London/south east)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now