graphic designers/artworkers hourly rate

(12 Posts)
PooPooOnMars Wed 19-Sep-12 11:19:40

Quick question . . . what is the going rate for a freelance graphic designer/artworker these days. (London/south east)

Tee2072 Wed 19-Sep-12 11:31:35

Does it have to be someone London based? I freelance GA but am in Belfast.

I can PM you my rates, if you want?

PooPooOnMars Wed 19-Sep-12 12:03:21

Sorry, should have explained. I am based there and am going back to work hopefully and don't know what the going rate is.

Its in publishing which i know usually pays less than other areas of design. Any idea?

Tee2072 Wed 19-Sep-12 12:04:11

I don't know about London, sorry.

PooPooOnMars Fri 21-Sep-12 10:16:21

Anyone else?

I have charged £20 an hour recently, but I am cheap as I only recently graduated even though I am actually quite old grin. I imagine most would charge £25 an hour at least.
I am in the SE, near Cambridge.

NiceBiscuits Sat 22-Sep-12 14:40:44

I've got a link to a recent salary survey somewhere on my laptop from Major Players recruitment agency. I think it has freelance rates too. And by sector. Although not sure if it is region-specific. Anyway, it might be of interest so Will post the link if I can next time I'm on my laptop. Or quote what they say for your sector.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sat 22-Sep-12 15:11:12

When employed previously for medium size upwards orgs, I have paid from between £20-£50 per hour.

As a marketing freelancer I have paid similar on behalf of clients. However, money is always an issue for small clients so the cheaper the better. I am in London.

HTH

Snusmumriken Sat 22-Sep-12 15:18:50

I think it would depend on the company. DH was paid £150 hr, by a UK based clothing company. Although, his agent took a large cut!

Snusmumriken Sat 22-Sep-12 15:22:11

I should add that they did not pay for very many hours!

NiceBiscuits Sat 22-Sep-12 15:35:41

www.majorplayers.co.uk/candidates/salary-survey-2012.html

Doesn't have a section specifically for publishing, just design and branding, but it might still be useful.

Good luck,

fuckadoodlepoopoo Tue 25-Sep-12 09:50:51

Thank you everyone! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now