Any of you web designers use a CMS such as Joomla?

(6 Posts)
Bee202 Wed 03-Oct-12 13:44:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Tee2072 Mon 16-Jul-12 08:28:21

I have never designed on Joomla, but have used Wordpress.org, which is what you use to use your own domain.

I'm not a programmer but am a graphic designer, would be happy to talk to you about using Wordpress, if you want to PM me?

AlpinePony Mon 16-Jul-12 08:26:42

Are you using wordpress on their domain or have you transferred it to your own?

In my line of work I think it's just too "unprofessional" to have a webaddress such as www.alpinepony.wordpress.com. sad

I could get the hang of Joomla - I'm a software engineer by trade - but it's going to cost me so much "time", that I'm better off paying someone else for their time - and I'm not a graphic designer by any means, so again, I think I'm better off paying for someone's expertise.

I was hoping a fellow mn'er would jump at the chance!

thebetachimp Sat 14-Jul-12 19:07:13

I don't know about Joomla, but have you thought about using Wordpress? There are plenty of website companies that will build you a Wordpress website and then it's pretty easy to use Wordpress to keep it up to date.

I was let down by the website designer that I originally commissioned (never ask a friend to help you with business stuff, even if you're paying them!) so I bought a template and then built my own website.

I found the template here: themeforest.net/category/wordpress.

It took me a few weekends to really get the hang of it, but it was good fun and I'm chuffed with the result. I'm often asked who built it for me, so it's just as good as a commissioned site.

AlpinePony Wed 11-Jul-12 12:09:53

PS If you also do logo design that would be great because I could use a logo too. smile

AlpinePony Wed 11-Jul-12 12:09:20

I've currently got my site built using an ISP's "website builder package" and tbh it's just too clunky, I can't tweak the bits I want to tweak and the blog is awful.

Can any of you give me an indication of what you might charge to set up a Joomla site covering (currently) 8 content pages and 1 blog page which is going to be easy for me to maintain? I would also be possibly considering accepting visa/mastercard payments.

Please PM me with your site/examples/prices please. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now