working from home ideas

(10 Posts)
CassieKate Thu 07-Nov-13 18:01:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

danielletaylor0710 Tue 15-Oct-13 22:21:17

have recently become a seller of Usborne Books and I love it. It is a great time to start as there are lots of people wanting to buy Christmas presents and all the Christmas fairs that you can attend. & take your little one along with you.

I love the books myself and I am enjoying sharing my love of the them with everyone else.

For a small start up cost you receive a kit of beautiful books and everything you need to start your own flexible book selling business.

If you would like more details please pass me your email address or email me: danielletaylor0710@googlemail.com I am happy to answer all your questions and help you get started on your new venture if you feel it is something you would like to do.

Feel free to view my facebook page for more information and to view some of the lovely books and offers www.facebook.com/booksoffun

Danielle x

RUAHall Fri 13-Sep-13 14:16:02

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Ceasnake Thu 17-May-12 16:36:28

whoops, better link here www.domestic-entrepreneur.com

Ceasnake Thu 17-May-12 16:35:38

Ooh, ooh, go here http://www.domestic-entrepreneur.com and grab yourself a free eBook which gives you some ideas about how to make money from home. I run a home workers info site and am always researching new ways to make money from home, especially for new parents. Off the top of my head:

Selling services from home (from ironing to admin to teaching)
Selling products from home
Affiliate marketing
Internet marketing for other businesses
Childcare, pet sitting
Freelance work you can do from home – graphic design, writing, creating information products

However, like with any business, a home business is going to take time to set up and show a profit…

lemonygem Wed 16-May-12 11:15:57

Can I suggest this lady:

http://www.free-range-humans.com

She offers courses on creating your ideal career based on your lifestyle. She is pretty awesome (No, I'm not her!! Nor do I work for her!), but I found her emails and free audios really helpful when I started freelancing, and she also offers a great 21 day course to get you on the path to creating your ideal career!

In terms of blogging, you can earn money from doing it, but it's never going to be something that happens overnight. Start blogging and after a while you'll see that you start to come up with a specific area that you a) like blogging about and b) realise that a lot of other people are interested in. At that point, you can start creating simple things like e-books or audios or courses or (if it's more tangible) actual objects and sell them on there. You can earn a decent (maybe not millions or hundreds of thousands) but enough to warrant paying tax on!! Don't think you can start a blog and earn money from the adverts, it won't happen!! You have to use your blog to sell things.

Hope that helps!

AlpinePony Tue 15-May-12 12:51:23

Virtual "PA" for mums-to-be-with-too-much-money-and-not-enough-time ? Tell them what they need to buy and where they need to buy it from. Do the legwork for them. Portland vs. "other privates" - "this" nanny agency vs. "other" nanny agency. Compile a John Lewis "wish list" for them. Arrange deliveries.

You only need to look at the Pregnancy section here to see how clueless first timers are with respect to what you need and where from.

honeytwenty Tue 15-May-12 00:05:46

I can't work in the evenings unfortunately, but im coming to the conclusion that I want to work from home long term, just want something Im good at or want to do and follow it up. Once in found it, than I want to stick at it. Just need some genuine advice, as you go on some forums where people refer you to there sites.

Saffra Mon 14-May-12 15:04:28

I don't think it'll be easy to make money from blogging on baby stuff or product reviews... Sorry. I think it'll be very difficult. With the former, you will need lots of traffic before you could consider generating revenue by way of advertising. With the latter, you could write consumer reviews for review websites, but they pay a pittance - actually, not even sure if these are still around.

How many hours per week will you have? Can you invest any money?

Can you work in the evenings instead?

honeytwenty Mon 14-May-12 13:49:58

Hi all,

I really need some advice, i have a 5 month old baby, so i really want some ideas for working from home. I have a business degree and some experiencein retail, education. I have considered selling items which people need? blogging on baby stuff, and product review site, as i have recently tried out alot of items. just really need some genuine advice, have been looking for help for a long time now. Thank you in advanced

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now