Website hosting - need a very cheap one

(11 Posts)
gobal Thu 13-Dec-12 08:45:31

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

spanish Sun 26-Feb-12 21:49:27

Just wanted to say thanks very much to all who posted, I'll investigate all your suggestions

cakeaddict Sun 26-Feb-12 19:51:18

I've just started using www.create.net

It's 2.99 a month for a basic package (which as long as you don't want a shop is all you need), it's a reasonably flexible and intuitive design system and their customer service has been good when I needed it. I registered my domain name through them (9.99 for .co.uk) and it was all really easy.

OneLittleBabyGirl Sun 26-Feb-12 17:23:50

I'm using total choice hosting which is US$3.95 a month. This is currently about £2.60 with no VAT. It's got all the standard things you will need like cpanel, mysql, php, subdomains, emails. I've been with them for like 10 years. I have needed support for a long time. But many years ago when I needed php extensions installed they are really good about it.

I register my domain via godaddy.com. I wouldn't recommend them because of their stance on SOPA. I know people on name.com and they say it's good. You can use a single registrar and webhost btw.

And I agree with another poster that you should make full use of fb, twitter and linkedln first.

m0nkeynuts Sun 26-Feb-12 17:06:31

M8 Internet are from £1 per year. Would need to buy domain through someone like 123 Reg which is from £2.99 (+VAT) per year for a .co.uk domain.

I've used M8 in the past but now use Unlimited Web Hosting who are £2.75 + VAT per month with a free domain.

watersign76 Sat 25-Feb-12 22:46:26

I used Krytal, is £30 for the year. Gives me my domain and a couple of email addresses. Never had any probs with it.

TalkinPeace2 Fri 24-Feb-12 19:56:28

does it give you a PROPER domain
ie www.chickydoo.co.uk
rather than www.chickydoo.vistaprint.co.uk

ooh and I meant to type 1 and1

I get mine through Simon at UK Site Builder who also wrote DHs site for me (he knows this and my real name)

chickydoo Fri 24-Feb-12 17:39:40

I have a vistaprint website.

£10.00 a month but includes loads of stuff, especially with design help etc

TalkinPeace2 Fri 24-Feb-12 17:30:21

are you making use of Facebook and linkedin?
beyond that, cheap is not always good - !and! are a decent bet

MediumOrchid Fri 24-Feb-12 14:23:27

I use Just Host Me, they are good value and I have been impressed with their customer service so far. Their budget package is only £2.50 (+VAT) / month.

spanish Fri 24-Feb-12 09:22:19

Can anyone recommend a very cheap website host? I'm trying to return to work as a freelance journalist, and only need a very basic website where I can put samples of my previous work. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now