Can anyone recommend a good web hosting company?

(11 Posts)
parachutes Thu 04-Nov-10 18:29:31

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent hosting company where I can buy/register my domain name, get email addresses and the ability to upload my own website (rather than solely using their own templates)? All without costing a fortune.
I have googled but if anyone can recommend one I'd be grateful.

TIA

liamsdaddy Thu 04-Nov-10 20:09:04

The following are being used by myself and some of my friends.

We have no issues with any of them!

www.krystal.co.uk/
www.penguin-uk.com/
www.34sp.com/

Talkinpeace Fri 05-Nov-10 13:16:20

uksitebuilder

parachutes Sat 06-Nov-10 09:42:22

Thanks for the replies, I'll have a look at them all today.

m0nkeynuts Sun 07-Nov-10 12:39:23

I use M8 Internet

redhollyberry Tue 09-Nov-10 12:02:49

Have a look at www.1and1.co.uk , it got recommended to me at a business start up course by the course leader. My husband has set up a website on there with no problems.

Another one which was recommended was www.123-reg.co.uk , but we haven't used this one personally.

If you have a look on quidco or topcashback, you may be able to get some cashback on buying your site, I think we did at the time.

flowerybeanbag Tue 09-Nov-10 12:06:17

Mine is through 123-reg, have had no problems at all.

NatalieJane Tue 09-Nov-10 12:09:21

I am using Mr Site, You do have to use one of their own (many) templates, but it gives you 50 email address, plenty of customise options, plus it gives you in depth stats on who has visited you're site, where they have come from, what search term they entered if they came from a search engine, plus what they call site booster tools which gives tonnes of help on getting your site to the top (or very close to the top) of Google, Bing etc.

I am really quite impressed, tip: don't buy it from their website, I got the pro one in PC World for £55, nearly half the price.

Oh and, there are no monthly charges for the first year, and then it is only somewhere between £3 and £8 per month after.

Talkinpeace Tue 09-Nov-10 14:03:29

Simon at UKSiteBuilder actually does his hosting through 1and1
so far am very happy with the help he gave on my website and the hosting and email forwarding

parachutes Tue 15-Feb-11 13:47:13

Thanks everyone, will look into those mentioned.

paviya Wed 28-Nov-12 10:40:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now