Mother and Baby Placement Query

(2 Posts)
Lovemyboys27 Thu 20-Mar-14 19:34:11

Hiya, we have a pregnant 14 year old moving in with us at the end of March. She lived with us a year ago, was moved into residential care, then after getting pregnant, her LA wanted to move her back in with us.
She will have 4 months left of her pregnancy so strictly speaking it's not a mother and baby placement until she gives birth in July.
Does anyone know what level of allowance we would get from now?
Surely as she is pregnant, we need to receive the mother and baby allowance before the baby is born as we need to start teaching her about the things she needs to buy and we need to supply all the equipment etc....but I have a sneaking suspicion they will only pay the standard teenage amount until the baby is born, which means we are going to struggle financially.
Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks x

suzylee73 Fri 21-Mar-14 22:21:03

Mother and baby placements are tough so much respect to you for a start.
Obviously every agency and LA are different but where I work you would only get the single placement payment until the baby arrived. But, all the equipment needed would be supplied by them so I wouldn't be out of pocket at all in that way.
I have only had one Mother and baby placement but after a few months insisted that I be paid for 2 placements instead because I wasn't supporting the mother I was doing all the work myself as she wasn't interested (absconding every weekend).
Hope it all works out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now