Can I be a foster parent??

(6 Posts)
oopsadaisyme Tue 03-Dec-13 23:09:27

How does somebody become a foster mum??

lovesmileandlaugh Wed 04-Dec-13 08:05:45

You might get a better answer if you google 'fostering' with the area you live. Ring the local authority and ask for an information pack.

dawdyman Thu 05-Dec-13 11:52:16

in short.. if you have a spare room (that doesn't mean overcrowding the rest of your house) you are over 21, are mentally and physically well and without convictions which suggest you could pose a risk to children... then you tick the first set of criteria...

Joanna522 Sat 14-Dec-13 14:24:24

As my preceders confirmed, providing you are 21 or older, have a spare bedroom and can provide for yourself, why don't you try and enquire with a fostering agency, be honest and tell them what your situation is, what (if any) experience with children you have and see what happens next. This is how my partner and I started! Good luck smile

Tracyhs Sat 11-Jan-14 22:07:54

Fostering Agencies pay better rates and tend to give carers more support.
Depending where you live (kent, Bucks, Herts, west London, middx) try ISP they are great x

Roshbegosh Sun 12-Jan-14 05:31:44

ISPs are not great in that they screw thousands of pounds out of the LAs as profit making middle men.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now