Adopting a foster child.

(8 Posts)
Summerwood1 Tue 19-Nov-13 21:12:38

Hi,
We have been foster carers for 13 years. We have fallen in love with the little girl that we have had since feb,she is now just over 2 years. It looks like she will be going up for adoption. The L.A don't seem to keen on us keeping her. 1. Because we live in the same city as family (no threat though) 2. Because birth mum is still young enough to have more siblings, so possibility that they could go to the same family as the little girl!!
We have the support of the children's guardian and she will support us in helping to keep the little girl,she said she would be happy for her to stay with us if she can not go back to birth family. Any advice that you can give me? Worried sick about it at the moment.
Thanks in anticipation!

excitedmamma Tue 19-Nov-13 21:33:20

Hi.. pm me & I'm happy to talk privately.... x

Summerwood1 Tue 19-Nov-13 21:43:55

Hi,thanks,how do I do that?!!

excitedmamma Tue 19-Nov-13 21:56:41

ha... on my post click on Message Poster on the blue highlighted line and it should open up a message... ask me anything!! x

excitedmamma Tue 19-Nov-13 22:35:47

yes.. it came through & have replied back.... x

scarlet5tyger Wed 20-Nov-13 09:35:34

This is one of the issues of fostering that really makes my blood boil. Everyone can see that it makes sense for little girl to stay where she is happy, settled and loved but the LA will always raise objections with young children because they don't want to lose their investment in you as a foster carer. Even when foster carers in my LA point out that they are happy to continue fostering it is very, very rare that a child under 4 will remain with them (supported by LA) unless their are likely to be great problems with adoption.

Good luck, I really hope you're successful x

MrsDeVere Wed 20-Nov-13 21:42:50

I wish you luck.
In my experience, if the guardian is on your side it makes all the difference.

Summerwood1 Wed 20-Nov-13 21:51:38

Thank you for that! It is reassuring to have her on side!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now