can birth parents pay for school fees, tuition fees etc if dcs in foster care?

(3 Posts)
bsc Mon 30-Sep-13 20:55:05

Yes they can- I know of several cases, also case where child on FCO lived with 1 parent who paid the fees, and 1 whose FC paid the fees, with help from SS.

SWs are not in the business of completely upheaving a child- if they're already attending a fee-paying school, then it would likely continue, though depends on the schools, as some have policies about things such as behaviour of parents (no, really!).

Lets face it, LAs already pay huge fees for those in care that attend Fee-paying Special schools.

Roshbegosh Mon 30-Sep-13 20:50:01

I think it depends on the court recommendation. I look after a boy under a full care order and the parents can dictate things like religion but not where they go to school, they have lost that. If the fostering was a short term arrangement it would be different.

earlycomputers Mon 30-Sep-13 10:14:27

Can birth parents pay the foster carer of their DC to enable the DC to go to private school and or have private tuition? I expect this doesn't happen often, but is it still possible?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now