National Youth Advocacy Service - anyone used them?

(7 Posts)
Mum2lots Fri 20-Sep-13 00:01:23

We have all been there we care xxx the advocate is good they will support also a good IRO is priceless

freddiefrog Wed 18-Sep-13 14:09:57

Thanks!

Our LA had never mentioned them to me. I was looking up details of our Reviewing Officer to make a complaint when I came across NYAS details.

I've spoken to them and they're coming to visit our YP the beginning of next week.

My patience has worn thin and I'm worried I'm going to lose my rag which will do my YP no favours

Bramshott Wed 18-Sep-13 10:04:45

My DM is an advocate, although she's now working through Barnardos. She has 40yrs experience as a special needs teacher and deputy head. I know that she enjoys the work and often feels she can make a difference.

Mum2lots Wed 18-Sep-13 10:01:38

The sad thing is you should not of had to "come across them" all children and yp in care should know about them if your la is not signed up for there service ask them who they are using xx

AlphaBetaOoda Tue 17-Sep-13 22:38:16

I used them for a young person I was working with and they were v good.

Mum2lots Tue 17-Sep-13 22:35:55

They where good for us xx

freddiefrog Tue 17-Sep-13 14:37:10

Our situation with the local authority has gone from bad to worse and we need some help.

I came across the service and have referred her for an Advocate so just wondered if anyone else used them and if they were successful.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now