Came home for work and she was gone

(7 Posts)
Roshbegosh Sat 14-Sep-13 14:08:12

Heart breaking zumba so sorry x sad flowers

ZumbaZara Sat 14-Sep-13 12:10:45

Thank you so much for those messages. I am having a little cry as I read them.
I have now heard from my son that a man came in a van and took her. I think this may be her mums ex. I know hard it would be to say goodbye, how hard to a leave a home where she is loved. It is hard for her to have believe her success.

I know and my heart is breaking because I have grown to love her and she has gone.

Roshbegosh Sat 14-Sep-13 11:03:55

Hope she's gone to uni and not back to family as that so often happens. Awful for you but it is nothing personal and not a reflection on you at all. These children are damaged and have so much to deal with and sometimes being good and doing well can freak them out.

SanityClause Sat 14-Sep-13 10:09:08

Is there any way you can contact her? Just to send a card to say good luck, and let her know you are there for her if she needs you?

I can see this is really hard for both of you.

flowers

MrsDeVere Sat 14-Sep-13 10:08:58

That must be incredibly hard Zumba.

I don't know FD's background but its pretty likely that it contains the reason why she just up and left without a proper goodbye.

Perhaps the feeling that her birth parents should be doing this with her was just too overwhelming.

I hope she gets in contact soon.

jessie26 Sat 14-Sep-13 10:05:48

That's so sad, Zumba and due to a similar event in my own life I totally understand.

I am sure though she will take all the good things she has learned from you into her future life. Perhaps she could not bare to say goodbye, maybe it would have been too emotional for her and she needs to do things her way. I hope she is in touch soon.

ZumbaZara Sat 14-Sep-13 07:37:36

I have had a foster daughter since May. She came to sit her A levels and we are so proud of her. She is off to Uni in a few weeks and has been distant the last week or so.
I came home from work last night and she has gone. Her room is clean and empty. She is now 18 and an adult.
I understand this is such a hard step for her to go to uni but I so wanted to take her and say goodbye.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now