A virtual candle in memory of EMIN

(11 Posts)
DIddled Thu 12-Sep-13 21:49:37

Ditto- amazing lady x

Irememberyouwell Thu 12-Sep-13 21:48:13

Emin, rest in peace. You will be remembered xx

RalphGnu Thu 12-Sep-13 17:55:54

I've posted this on EMIN's thread but also wanted to post here too.

The kindness of others never ceases to amaze me. My mum died when I was ten and because my older brother was deemed too young at 17 to care for me and my dad wasn't around, I went to stay with various relatives. At the age of 14 and becoming too much of a handful for my elderly grandparents, it was arranged for me to go into long term foster care with a lady that lived locally. I was losing my way for a while, had got in with the wrong crowd and my grades at school were slipping. I felt rejected, lonely, hurt and angry. I must've been hell to live with.

To cut a long story short, because of the love, patience and kindness of my foster mum, I got 14 GCSEs, 3 A levels and ended up with a degree in Law.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the foster parents reading this for all you do for sad, lost children like me. A million times thank you. You are amazing.

Panadbois Thu 12-Sep-13 17:51:22

xxx

Mum2lots Thu 12-Sep-13 17:11:05

Xxx

willitbe Thu 12-Sep-13 16:09:15

Emin, may you rest in peace. You were a true inspiration to many here on mn and almost certainly in real life too. I never post to you here on mn, but your posts encouraged me to become a foster carer. I will continue to read your old posts to help me along my fostering journey. I hope that all your family know how much you were appreciated.

Her posts made me want to be a foster parent. thanks

msrisotto Thu 12-Sep-13 15:17:34

cake

scarlet5tyger Thu 12-Sep-13 15:15:21

wine

For a wonderful lady.

excitedmamma Thu 12-Sep-13 13:14:40

Nice thought... she was a real inspiration and a wonderful generous lady... bless her and her family

thanks

lovesmileandlaugh Thu 12-Sep-13 12:53:21

I saw that Emin's funeral is at 2.30pm this afternoon.

My thoughts are with the family of a lady whose posts will always stay with me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now