A virtual candle in memory of EMIN

(11 Posts)
lovesmileandlaugh Thu 12-Sep-13 12:53:21

I saw that Emin's funeral is at 2.30pm this afternoon.

My thoughts are with the family of a lady whose posts will always stay with me!

excitedmamma Thu 12-Sep-13 13:14:40

Nice thought... she was a real inspiration and a wonderful generous lady... bless her and her family

thanks

scarlet5tyger Thu 12-Sep-13 15:15:21

wine

For a wonderful lady.

msrisotto Thu 12-Sep-13 15:17:34

cake

Her posts made me want to be a foster parent. thanks

willitbe Thu 12-Sep-13 16:09:15

Emin, may you rest in peace. You were a true inspiration to many here on mn and almost certainly in real life too. I never post to you here on mn, but your posts encouraged me to become a foster carer. I will continue to read your old posts to help me along my fostering journey. I hope that all your family know how much you were appreciated.

Mum2lots Thu 12-Sep-13 17:11:05

Xxx

Panadbois Thu 12-Sep-13 17:51:22

xxx

RalphGnu Thu 12-Sep-13 17:55:54

I've posted this on EMIN's thread but also wanted to post here too.

The kindness of others never ceases to amaze me. My mum died when I was ten and because my older brother was deemed too young at 17 to care for me and my dad wasn't around, I went to stay with various relatives. At the age of 14 and becoming too much of a handful for my elderly grandparents, it was arranged for me to go into long term foster care with a lady that lived locally. I was losing my way for a while, had got in with the wrong crowd and my grades at school were slipping. I felt rejected, lonely, hurt and angry. I must've been hell to live with.

To cut a long story short, because of the love, patience and kindness of my foster mum, I got 14 GCSEs, 3 A levels and ended up with a degree in Law.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the foster parents reading this for all you do for sad, lost children like me. A million times thank you. You are amazing.

Irememberyouwell Thu 12-Sep-13 21:48:13

Emin, rest in peace. You will be remembered xx

DIddled Thu 12-Sep-13 21:49:37

Ditto- amazing lady x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now