Would you take on a family members kids?.

(34 Posts)
lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 14-Jul-13 21:15:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lisad123everybodydancenow Mon 15-Jul-13 00:07:14

Shesparkles Mon 15-Jul-13 00:13:02

Sibling or extended family's children, without a second thought. Fortunately the children do all,see a lot of each other and it's a relatively tight age group

lisad123everybodydancenow Mon 15-Jul-13 00:17:23

Mrpip Fri 19-Jul-13 21:08:03

Yes I would and I have. I took on my niece as a baby and I wouldn't hesitate to do the same again even though I now have 5 children. I didn't think twice when the situation arouse. It's been difficult for numerous reasons ( and it will continue to be) but I honestly never considered saying no as a option for me. I'm extremely thankful my dh felt the same way.

Frikadellen Fri 26-Jul-13 15:20:35

yes I will and I did when my sister needed help with my niece. (not due to issues with sister and niece I hasten to add) Niece lived with us for 18 months. Harder to say about cousins as I live in the UK and my cousins are all in Denmark would be a very hard swap for the kids to suddenly be uprouted to another country.

poppingin1 Fri 26-Jul-13 15:22:20

I would.

ImNotBloody14 Fri 26-Jul-13 15:23:45

It would depend in alot of things tbh. What age i was- if my own dcs would cope with it- whether the foster dcs had extra needs Nd whether i could meet them- how hostile ir co-operative the mother/rest of family would be- how long it would be for- what support i/ they would get to
transition. Lots of factors to take into account

ProphetOfDoom Fri 26-Jul-13 15:30:55

Kendodd Fri 26-Jul-13 15:43:47

Yes, but depending on what the children were like. Sad to say but if they were very damaged with unmanageable behaviour, then No, I don't think I could cope and it would have too detrimental affect on my own children.

I would also want them to then stay with me permanently and not in and out of parents care, to be let down yet again and be unable to stay. I have seen this with my own family, in and out of care seems the worse outcome of all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now