Does anyone know how EMIN is?

(24 Posts)
dearcathyandclare Wed 05-Jun-13 23:03:32

Sorry to hijack you lovely people but has anyone heard how EarthMotherImNot is getting on?

Speak and ye shall findsmile

I'm still here, lurking away. Health, not so goodsad Now diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in bones. I spent a month in hospital while they made the discovery that the reason I couldn't weight bear was because with my severe osteo-arthritis I had managed to break/fracture my left hip.
They now, after a two hour op, have put a pin in my left leg from hip to knee and I'm currently stuggling to get upright again with a trusty zimmer frame.

While I was in hospital and they had me captive they subjected poor body to a barrage of tests, more radio-therapy and have come back with the fact that cancer is now in my lungs and possibly liver.

I've seen the oncologist and once I'm more mobile she wants to begin chemotherapy.

At this stage this will be for a better quality of life not curesad
I am strangely quite calm, and stupidly relived that my mind wasn't just making up the nightmare of pain I was in before my operation.
BTW sorry if I left everyone up in the air and ty dearcathyandclare for asking x

dearcathyandclare Thu 06-Jun-13 08:18:04

It's good to hear from you, I am so sorry to hear your news, you certainly have a lot to face. I really hope you are getting all the love and support in the world in RL, and sending you flowers brew and wine

My lot have been wonderful, we decided right from the get-go this damned disease wasn't going to be something hidden or moped around over and thank goodness, for the most part, it hasn't.

How they have all, DH, DD1,DD2 DS1 and grandson, chivied me along, and kept me going has been magnificent.

I have tried on a few occasions to email/ring fostering but have had no word in return so I've stopped trying with them. It's the one thing that has caused me regret, but thats for them to deal with.

ps it's lovely to be thought of out of the blue, so again ty dearcathyandclare xx

dearcathyandclare Thu 06-Jun-13 18:48:01

What a great attitude, live life, love and enjoy!
Do you get much news of your LOs?

Its often the case where they email some photo's and we then arrange they call for coffee. I think we only have a few where we see them every few months.

Updates on stuff like starting nursery etc are quite common. I do miss my babies thoughsad

When I came out of hospital and it was suggested I try "downstairs living" as opposed to half killing myself getting upstairs which would have been impossible I worried about using the tiny nursery room we had always used for napping babies and or changing them.

I needn't have been concerned at all. Being in the same place as so many lo's has brought a lot of comfort to me.

dearcathyandclare Fri 07-Jun-13 21:10:08

How lovely to be in room full of warm memories! Hope the smell of baby nappies has gone though! grin
I stumbled onto the fostering thread few years ago and whilst I sort of thought about FM, my DH was not keen. I have enormous respect for all that FM's do and the courage needed for such emotional work.
I hope you have a lovely weekend, forecast is good here, hope the same for you.

CurlyLikesShortShorts Sat 08-Jun-13 00:49:50

Emin we are thinking about fostering and I read your thread a few days ago about the lo you last fostered. I laughed and cried my way through it. Since then I find myself checking in on you in the hope that you will have better news. I'm so sorry that it has not come. I just wanted to say that you have quietly inspired a nation of mums and that I hope you get a lucky break. Please please take every medical treatment offered, drink raw juices, give up dairy and whatever random stuff that anyone has ever even conceived as a potential cancer cure, just so the world is not minus the wonderful kind brave woman that you are. Tell that cancer to feck right off angry. Big hugs to a wonderful lady xxx

dearcathyandclare Mon 01-Jul-13 22:22:25

Hi EMIN , just popped by to say hello, hope you have had sunshine in your neck of the woods the past few days.

Hi dearcathyandclare,
I'm afraid I became very ill following my 2nd chemo and I've just spent the last 2 weeks in hospital on oxygen, drugs, tests etc. I've been allowed home with oxygen etc and now have to decide whether to try something else.

Thank you for asking xxx

CrispyHedgeHog Tue 09-Jul-13 17:23:05

EMIN

I know you won't know me from a hole in the wall, but I've read many of your threads over the years and always thought what a fabulous woman you are.

I'm so sorry to hear your news.. I wish you all the best and everything you would wish for yourself.

Thank you for being you, and for everything you've done for so many children thanks

Massive but gentle hugs and lots of love xxx

Many thanks, all kind words are happily received. Some days are a more rough path I feel pushed on but with family and friends I have joy aplenty.

EMIN I'm so sorry to hear this.
I often think about you and the last little one you fostered.
You probably won't remember this, but I had posted on that thread to tell you that you had inspired friends of mine to foster.
They are on their 3rd little one now smile

I hope that brings you some comfort that complete strangers have been so inspired by you.

lovesmileandlaugh Wed 10-Jul-13 06:16:59

EMIN, I'm another that sat at my computer and cried, and I often think of your story of your little withdrawing baby. You must be an amazing lady and I feel sad you are having to go through this. Wishing you love, strength and peace xxx

Another one who has lurked in awe at previous threads. So sorry to hear your news. Lol at you in the little nappy room!

Thanks all. Its been tough but I'm used to tough. SPB one of the things I was looking forward to most was my Winnie the Pooh wall, I knowwwww!!! but one wall is painted floor to ceiling with a Pooh sticks scene from a book. The other walls are just wallpaper of Winnie but I am still using the matching lightshade blush

smile

Ineedanewone Sat 20-Jul-13 10:59:31

Hi Emin,
It's Cathyandclare here, with a new name!
Sorry to hear things have been getting tougher, but I love to think of you in your Winnie the Pooh room, surrounded by all your lovely memories and the lingering smell of 'Eau De Pampers'
sending you the very best of best things and lots of these flowers

happydazed Sun 21-Jul-13 00:33:41

I'm yet another person who has read and been in awe of your story, do the adoptive parents keep you informed about how the little drug withdrawing baby is getting on? Ifind myself often wondering how that baby is and how you are. So sorry to hear of your ill health. You have inspired so many.

Hi all, feeling a wee bit stronger today so popped on for a little lurksmile

Sadly after the first few weeks of the odd mobile photo I haven't heard anything from our little drug dependent baby at all. It hurts, can't say any more, it's not my right.

To know people have been moved is wonderful though.

I have big decisions these coming days as to trying a different chemo reigime so I'm hoping I get some sign coming through x

Ineedanewone Sun 21-Jul-13 22:44:48

Hi Emin
you have such a philosophical approach, and I am sure you are right, your LO is hopefully in safe hands and thriving thanks to your early work.
Out of interest how many little ones have been blessed with your love and care?

Hi Ineed, well they haven't all been little, actually our eldest placement was 9 years old from a sibling group of 4, youngest being 4 months then 2 years, 3.6 years and then the 9 year old. We spent quite a few years taking sibs until I decided babies were my first love.

All in all over 24-5 years we cared for 85 little ones. I hope some of them were blessed, I know I wassmile

Ineedanewone Mon 22-Jul-13 08:46:26

Wow, just Wow!
Just trying get my head round all those cuddles!
Hope you have a good day, and are keeping cool.

Needmoresleep Thu 25-Jul-13 13:00:15

I chanced on your earlier thead and was really inspired.

I was very sad to read about your diagnosis.

Do you have a favourite charity or better still some formof Just Giving page. I would love the chance to gibe something back, albeit in an indirect way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now