Emergency or very short term care?

(2 Posts)
Roshbegosh Sun 05-May-13 08:19:28

I don't mean to be negative but I know the feeling of no SW in post at the moment and everyone so busy they actually do nothing. There must be a demand for emergency short term placements but I guess it depends on your LA whether they will tie you up with the need. We have offered respite and emergency but they are all interested then nothing happens. We have a long term boy and he likes the idea too.

bottersnike Sat 04-May-13 10:39:32

Up till now we have fostered short-term placements (i.e. about 12-18 months!) but our current situation means we are unable to do that at the moment.
We would very much like to continue fostering, and would like to find out more about whether shorter term placements are an option for us. Are any of you carers who do this? Can you tell me more about them?
We should be able to ask our FSW about this, but don't currently have one due to a change in the team structure.
We have done some respite placements so we know we can do that, but what else is there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now