I'm so sick of no-one doing what they say they will!

(3 Posts)
freddiefrog Tue 16-Apr-13 10:42:27

I think I just need a rant to be honest, I am so frustrated

We have a 16 year old foster child. She's been with us several months.

To start with the LA totally let her down until she was transferred to a different LAC team. Unfortunately, before her new Social worker really had a chance to do anything, FC was sent to a secure unit.

She's due out tomorrow. The LA have done nothing to prepare for her return despite promises made at a pre-release meeting last week. Her school have refused to have her back but have done nothing about alternative provisions

I am banging my head against a brick wall, no one is doing the job they are paid to do. No one is doing what they say they will and no one is keeping their promises. No one returns calls or emails and I'm thoroughly sick of it.

I've just got back from a 2 hour sit in at school - I sat in the office until I was dealt with - nothing has been resolved, but I at least have some information I needed from them

It shouldn't be like this. I shouldn't have to make threats and stage a sit in to get my FC what she's entitled to.

The LA have messed with her life from the day she was born. She has been on the Child Protection Register for 15 years and they have let her down time and time and time again. There's no wonder she's off the rails, she's been let down by the authorities her whole life and I am so bloody cross about it.

Anyway, I feel better for that.

Can anyone give me any pointers here? We need her in full time something. Whether it be school or college but we can't just let her return to nothing.

Thanks!

Panadbois Tue 16-Apr-13 12:10:18

Oh my God. What a mess.

Nothing to say that'll help, but I'm finding it harder and harder to comprehend why we still foster. How is anyone meant to do it.

freddiefrog Tue 16-Apr-13 14:40:40

Thanks!

I actually feel a whole lot calmer for having a rant.

I've now sorted her schooling and she will be starting on Monday, but my god, what a rigmarole

I shouldn't have to do this. Her SW should have got this all sorted already. I shouldn't have to make threats and jump up and down and argue for every tiny thing

The LA must hate me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now