Age limit?

(7 Posts)
myroomisatip Mon 11-Mar-13 15:48:10

Right! I wont wait then smile

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

lovesmileandlaugh Mon 11-Mar-13 15:32:37

I don't think a phone call would hurt. We got invited to an open evening to go find out a lot more as our 1st contact!

myroomisatip Mon 11-Mar-13 15:22:31

Thank you. I will do as you suggest.

It is worth waiting until I move isn't it? I realise they will want to inspect my home. I am wondering how long it takes before I get to that point. If it is a couple of months I may as well start now.

fasparent Mon 11-Mar-13 15:15:46

WOULD Seek advice from LA 1st , there is a wide range of services in fostercare, ie Restbite, Mother and Baby, Baby's, Aftercare, Teenagers, Disability, Emergency care, Etc . They would be best placed too advise you sure you would be considerd , We are in our 60's. LA would cover all areas where as Private sector's may not. Has too be best suited too yourself's/Self
Good luck

myroomisatip Mon 11-Mar-13 15:05:17

Oh that is brilliant. Thanks for letting me know.

I have not made any applications or anything yet as I am about to move house so I will wait until I am moved in and then apply.

I noticed the advert from 'By The Bridge' and thought I would start there, but would welcome any advice or suggestions.

lovesmileandlaugh Mon 11-Mar-13 15:00:30

Our LA said most of their carers are aged 50-70 if that helps?

myroomisatip Mon 11-Mar-13 14:43:43

I would love to foster but I am worried that at almost 59, I will be considered too old?

Is there an age limit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now