Money side

(6 Posts)
Catfriend Fri 21-Dec-12 14:59:31

Hi ssw was out recently and they have a meeting at the end of this year about paying a "fee" so hopefully in January I will know more.

Catfriend Fri 14-Dec-12 07:47:13

Thanks for replying bonnieslilsister

I've phoned the tax credits but the woman on the other end wasn't very helpful, she had a rather bad attitude!!!! I'm putting it down to a bad day for her ha ha. Apparently it's in the "pipeline" to get a "fee" from my LA.

bonnieslilsister Wed 12-Dec-12 22:14:38

Try phoning the helpline (tax credit) they are very helpful and will be able to advise. Everyone is different so is better to ask them. I find it hard to believe La's don't follow fostering network recommendations re allowance.

Catfriend Tue 11-Dec-12 07:45:06

Hi queststarz.

Thanks for taking the time out to reply. I am going with my LA. I am looking at birth to 8 to foster which will be about £120 per week per child. I'm wondering about how much tax credits I would receive onto of the £120. My LA don't pay a FEE ontop of the allowance but apparantly it's in the pipe line!!!! Which would be a great help.

I've spoke to my SSW and she says none of her current foster carers have went longer than a week without and children in placement!!!!

If I gave up my job and had no children in placement with me would I just get the WTC????

queststarz Tue 04-Dec-12 09:49:05

Hi
it depends - are you applying LA or agency? Either way - you get an allowance to pay for the childs food/clothes/heating etc. You have to keep reciepts for clothes, activities etc. The allowances are age dependent, but generally in line with this
http://www.fostering.net/all-about-fostering/resources/good-practice-guidance/fostering-networks-recommended-minimum-allowanc

Then there may be a reward element on offer - in my LA after 1 year and doing certain courses and completing cwdc (workbook) you get £120 per week per child. I know for agency carers its more money though - but possibly a longer wait for placements.

Do be warned though - you get nothing if you have no children in placement in my LA - so i went part time at work in July and only just got a placement of 2 boys in november (I did have some respite in the summer holidays for 4 weeks), so think carefully about when you hand in your notice.

Catfriend Mon 03-Dec-12 21:23:56

hi I'm currently in the early stages of my F1 and each week the same question always comes up. Money!!! I'm not wanting to be a foster carer for money I can assure you that. I am not sure what I will receive money wise can anyone help. I'm a single parent working 22 hours a week but I am giving my job up to look after foster children if possible. Any information would be great. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now