Stuck on the CWDC workbook.

(98 Posts)
stumpymosha Sat 10-Nov-12 15:01:55

I am in desperate need of help. I have tried to do it on my own but I am running out of time. My SSW doesn't even understand the question I'm on now. It's 5.6 understanding contexts. I have only two weeks to finish it now and I really need to have a look at some examples of answers to the remaining questions so I have an idea of what is expected of me. If anyone can show me some examples or help in any way, I will be extremely thankful. I promise I won't copy your answers, I just need an example to get myself going.

m2014 Thu 13-Mar-14 23:01:57

I am a new fostercarer about to start my cwdc i would appreciate if anyone could send me a copy there workbook as a guide to use for reference thanks in advance

Mackmack Tue 25-Mar-14 14:31:43

Hi, trying to tackle the standards and when I did my training all the trainers said they were easy, I'm looking at them and they seem more complicated than they made out or is it just me! Does anyone have a completed one they could email me to give me an idea samjdyer@hotmail.com any help would be greatly appreciated. Do you have to answers the questions and give the evidence or answer questions within your evidence??

missy65 Thu 10-Apr-14 23:01:51

help me. help me.i am so so stuck with my cwdc, as if we have not got enough to do as foster carers without doing cwdc workbook, i keep opening the book reading again and again,scratching my head don't no where to start.this is a plea to any fellow foster carer pleases could you email me a copy of their completed workbook neswynwitt@outlook.com i would be so grateful and can stop worrying.

jkalrichards Thu 24-Apr-14 20:19:18

Hi I am a recntly new fostercarer, 4 months with first placement, about to start my cwdc, really strugging to understand the cwdc, i would appreciate if anyone could send me a copy there workbook as a guide to use for reference thanks in advance

jkalrichards Thu 24-Apr-14 20:20:24

sorry forgot to attach this jkalrichards@aol.com. I would really appreciate any help and guidance.

jochevolleau Mon 28-Apr-14 10:06:27

Hi Kahuna

I've just started my CWDC workbook and wondered if you could send me some help please. I'm really struggling with it. Could you tell me the best websites that could help me with the answers? Thank you

jochevolleau Mon 28-Apr-14 10:07:52

Sorry forgot to attach my email jo.che@hotmail.co.uk

jochevolleau Mon 28-Apr-14 10:09:13

jo.chev@hotmail.co.uk I'm going mad !!

missy65 Mon 28-Apr-14 15:22:25

hi ,this is a second appeal for help as i had on response to the request for help with cwdc on the april 10th,i am getting desperate lol !!i will message mumsnet when i have had an email for a very kind person . thank you neswynwitt@outlook.com

debbiebid1 Tue 06-May-14 09:55:34

I am a new foster carer about to start my training, support and development standards, i would appreciate if anyone could send me a copy there completed workbook as a guide to use for reference, it really is keeping me up at night, my email is debbiebid@btinternet.com thanks in advance

SammieD24 Mon 12-May-14 07:31:49

Hi all

I am stuck on the cwdc workbook too. I was lucky enough to have someone give me a copy when i started but i've deleted it somehow and cant get it back.

Could anyone who has completed it send me a copy - i wont plagerise it
It was just handy as a prompt to get me thinking.

Many thanks in advance smile

SammieD24 Mon 12-May-14 07:32:35

Forgot to say my email address is samantha_nunn@hotmail.com

Cheers

cotton46 Wed 14-May-14 12:57:48

Hi
Like a lot of lovely people on this site I'm also having problems in filling in the CWDC workbook. Could somebody please send me a completed workbook so I can check that I'm on the right wave length. My SSW hasn't given me any direction or advice.
If anyone can help me please forward a copy to hcotton46@hotmail.com
Thanking you in advance.

glenpk Thu 22-May-14 13:28:15

Sorry that I'm not adding anything new but I could really do with a completed CWDC workbook! Any help would be gratefully received. I am new to fostering and been given two really challenging, lively (but lovely!) kids who need a lot of attention. Add having to complete this workbook to the mix and my brains spinning a bit! I just need a little kickstart and a completed CWDC workbook would really REALLY help! peacockg1@sky.com

missy65 Thu 22-May-14 18:40:29

hi , I think everybody asking help with cwdc workbook are not getting very far on mumsnet ,because if you have completed the workbook you have no reason to access mumsnet.I have already put 2 appeals out for help with no luck.Doing the cwdc on own is so hard!!

Brookie48 Thu 05-Jun-14 10:58:02

Hi there i have started my CWDC and am boggled, i would much appreciate it if somebody could send me a copy of a completed one so that i can see some examples. my email address is katrina@colbeckdesigns.co.uk this would be a life saver, i am working with children and young people and would like to see the kind of things/answers they are looking for. Thank you

Birkridge Tue 10-Jun-14 12:45:27

I too am one of those people who has to complete my TSD standards for foster carers workbook. We were passed as foster carers last October but we have only just been given our workbook and we've just been told we have our annual review at the start of August (Don't ask me how that works!) and it would be good if I could have my workbook completed. I thought I would sit down today and get it started, oh my goodness I feel like a complete numpty! I seem to be completely blank and no matter how many times I read it I'm not coming up with the goods. I would really appreciate it if there is anybody who can just get me started with a couple of answers so I know the sort of thing they are looking for. My email is birkridge@virginmedia.com Many thanks in advance for any help offered

DwellsUndertheSink Wed 11-Jun-14 12:53:57

part of the issue here is that the workbook, by its nature, contains a lot of confidential information. handing it over to a random stranger on the internet goes against all safeguarding and confidentiality guidelines.

ALso, the workbook is supposed to be a personal reflection of your journey, what have you encountered, what have you experienced. You cannot copy these from someone else.

I can offer you some advice - the whole workbook can be daunting to start. SO start with the easy bits: Standard 5: Understanding development.

*area 1a*: understanding attachment: search the internet or look in your workbook for a short statement that shows you understand attachments and how they are formed and how abusive homes cause problems with this attachment. Then highlight how this has manifest itself in the child/ren in your care ..."Jonny showed symptoms of disorganised attachment...we have been nurturing, patient and attentive to his needs, and he has formed strong/tentative bonds with us.."

*area 1b*: We discussed specific areas of development our fc had with eg speech and language difficulties and also with cognitive issues. Discuss how you approached these issues, what help you have been getting, what progress made.

*ARea 1c*: Again, give an example of your own FC being behind in some way - again, we used Speech as FC was about a year behind. I wrote what the expected level of speech should be for a child his age, and then explained what the current level of FC was. Then talked about Speech and Language Therapy, lots of positive interaction etc. and progress made to date. I could also have written about FC's academic issues, as one FC was about 2 years behind at school with reading, math and spelling, and what steps we took to deal with this.

*Area 2a*: Resiliance: we offer encouragement, positive praise, get him involved in X Y and Z clubs to boost his self esteem...

ARea 3a Transitions: Talk generally about getting them into new schools or nursery and how you did that. If you have moved a child on, talk about how you got child ready to meet new family or go back to old family - eg books from the library, memory books etc

*Area 3b*: Transitions 2 -More of the same - but be specific about the transition opportunity ("jonny had to move to a new school") and what you did to help ("we took him around the school one afternoon and he got to meet the other children in the class and take part in a math lesson...)

Area 3c: - if you have teens, this is quite easy - life skills like learning to cook or time management, getting on the right bus etc. For our little ones, we talked about more basic life skills - handwashing, toothbrushing, toileting. Also include that you did this as a learning opportunity, not a failure on their part, thus avoiding any shame in FC.

Once you start writing, you will find it gets easier. Just tackle one section, write from the heart about the children in your care. If you cant think of any examples, go back to your fostering basic training and pull out examples - most work books have example case studies and the section referenced within....in which case write "we studies the case of Jonny and Jane in our fostering preparation course (section X.X) and discussed this at length in our group. WHat I got from this was......yada yada yada."

There are some sections which require you to look on your LA website about eg their policy on fostering.

Birkridge Wed 11-Jun-14 15:01:11

Thank you for your help. I started on the Standard 3 as that seems to be the easiest for me so far, but chhers for your suggestions with reagrds to standard 5.
I think I just 'froze' when I looked at it but taking each bit slowly should get me there.

Thanks again

DwellsUndertheSink Wed 11-Jun-14 15:59:16

It took me about 8 weeks in dribs and drabs to do mine...I spend a lot of time sitting by waiting for my son's sporting committments to finish, and I used to take the laptop and jot down some notes as I went.

Just set your mind on finishing one section, even if its in bullet points. Then move onto the next.....Please PM me if I can help with specifics.

ISHY131 Tue 02-Sep-14 19:10:07

please please can anyone help me on the deeper thinking questions on the cwdc they need to be in tomorrow.. works been so busy

Shelly1970 Sat 06-Sep-14 13:03:20

Hi,hoping that someone is reading this thread, i am in a right panic, i have just found out that i need to get workbook done in 6 days! Have only had a placement for 12 weeks.
i have managed to fill in some sections in the CWDC workbook but there are some areas that i am unsure off. Could somebody please send me a completed workbook so I can check that I'm along the right lines. My SSW hasn't been of any use whilst trying to complete workbook and hasnt given me any help, advice or suggestions
If anyone can help me please forward a copy to michele14@hotmail.co.uk
Many thanks in advance.

stuckontsd Sat 13-Sep-14 13:22:38

Hi it would really help me if I had a copy of a completed work book only stuck on a last few parts but would be good to see if the rest matches up I promise not to plagerise email is davsafc@hotmail.com
Thanks in advance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now