CWDC :(

(37 Posts)
chocaholic2011 Tue 21-Jun-11 11:53:22

Hi all

Hope all you lo's are doing well!

Just attempting to start the dreaded CWDC task!! Has anyone got any tips! What I really mean is a book or something which has all the answers in fancy speak - lol!

Loving fostering, but CWDC does not look like fun way to spend my spare few mins while lo at contact! Any short cuts welcome!

SW did explain quenstion 1 and show me how to answer it, I nodded in all the right places but was really thinking "WHAT" lol

ANy help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

xxx

N1kla Thu 11-Oct-12 18:25:12

Did you manage to do this, sorry for replying to old threads but I am trying to complete my workbook as we speak and in desperate need of help... !!!! Anyone want to 'buddy up' or help me out of the kindness of your hearts? I have to have it finished by 20th Oct 2012!!!

Nic x

chocaholic2011 Thu 11-Oct-12 20:18:32

Hi nic, I did finish it ok and have lent mine to a friend to help with hers sad but everyone on here was fantastic helping with mine and am sure would help with questions you are struggling with! ( but in my case that was pretty much all of it lol)!!! X

Gymbob Thu 11-Oct-12 20:52:29

My sympathies, as if we don't have enough to do - we are all too busy fostering grin

What do you need to know? If I can't help someone else will be along....

italianmama64 Mon 29-Oct-12 19:32:33

hiya all

just joined your lovely forum and enjoying looking around but being distracted so easily lol
what ive come on here for is some help as a foster carer trying to complete the online cwdc info, standards 1 to 7
it appears this year 2012 its changed and supposed to be so much easier, so wondered if others are also completing this newer version online,
thanks italianmama

kalirusty Sat 03-Nov-12 14:08:40

Hi italianmama I'm also new to this forum. I have a paper copy of cwdc to complete but would prefer to complete online. I have been on the web & although I have downloaded the workbook all the guidance was taken off on the 1st Nov. New material available shortly but doesn't help me now. I just don't know how to start ! Words of encouragement would be good lol

gallivantsaregood Sat 03-Nov-12 16:06:46

Good thread. Can I just point out re the beginning and health and safety. Socket Covers should NEVER be used. They actually cause a hazard. See here : www.fatallyflawed.org.uk/

Our agency is very clear that using them is ion breach of health and safety guidelines.

Just to keep you right smile

Before we were approved I wnt and bought covers for the entire house and had to chuck them all in the bin!!

ShutTheFrontDoor Mon 05-Nov-12 22:03:35

I'm just starting mine. Anyone who has completed it, how long do you think it took you ? I'm hoping to complete mine in 2 weeks, possibly doing an hour a day, is that possible?

DecAndAnt Wed 07-Nov-12 22:16:45

I've just started mine aswell, what a nightmare.
No help or support from my social worker at all. Is it your social worker who has to read it? Any help would be massively appreciated.

kiddiwinkles Mon 26-Nov-12 15:00:47

Hi
Beware of doing on line, I have lost all my information twice, Having, just about completed these, ( but rather silly of me not to have them signed off as i went along!!) due to changing/closing of web sites. We have been advised to in paper form at present.

stumpymosha Mon 26-Nov-12 22:00:37

Hi.
I've just handed mine in to my social worker today, she is going to be reading it and signing it off. She did have a look through it while she was still here and she was very impressed with my work. If you need any advice, just inbox me and I will help you if I can. smile

boots87 Fri 18-Jan-13 15:14:34

Hi everyone I've just recently become a family and friends carer and have to complete the fostering standards. Is it simple to complete or am I just over thinking too much as standard 1 has me stumped? Any help or advice would be much appreciated thanks x

elliesilver Sun 12-May-13 07:12:45

please help me i cant even answer first question i have been approved since jan but no children yet its a black cloud hanging over me i look at the dreaded cwdc then put it away any help would be great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now