Is my car okay ... and is the price for repair worth it?

(2 Posts)
Mum2012 Fri 20-Jan-12 18:29:02

Is my car alright - what angle should my handbrake be at?
A while ago, I had an MOT done for my car, this is what it said:
"Brake Advisories: RBT Service Brake Efficiency: 51%"
"Advisory Items: 001 Nearside Service Brake Your vehicle has only just met the required service brake efficiency. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. {3.7.A.9}"
"002 Offside Service brake Your vehicle has only just met the required service brake efficiency. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. {3.7.A.9]"

Now, when I asked someone to fix this for me, they adjusted my handbrake to a less-than-40 degrees angle, and said that that was all that was needed... So was that really all?
Before, my handbrake used to come up at around a 45 degree angle, but now it doesn't go too up when i put it (less than 30 degrees).. . He hasn't changed the disc or anything, but he charged me £40 for the job. Was that okay? Was that all that was needed??? Please Reply. Thank you.

wecantallbeperfect Tue 21-May-13 20:15:43

Did your repairing garage check and clean the brake linings before adjusting the handbrake?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now